cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Double Accounts Created When I Requested for Home Move

kwajoman
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

In November 2022, I moved home from Dagenham to Basildon. I called to ask for my package to be moved to the new address in Basildon. I spoke to this advisor who agreed to transfer the package to my address at  the same fee plus only installation fee. We agreed on date and a technician came and installed it. 

Talktalk instead of the home move, created a different account and started charging me for two seperate accounts. They left the old account running and when I asked them to refund my money taken illegally, they told me they wont because I should have called another department and request for the old account to be closed. I will take Talk Talk to court if they do not refund all the money taken from me for the double accounts. I don't understand if in their language, 'home move' means the same as 'double accounts'

I think this is a mark of incompetence and instead of apologising for the error, they are calling the bluff. They even declined running two accounts and billing me double until collected evidence and payment references from the bank. How you do this to customer?

One Alex I spoke to was extremely rude - telling me "you should have called again to cancel the accounts so we wont refund your money". Hold on a sec, how do I know that they did not understand a home move and therefore had created a new accounts and left old one running? Did they tell me they were creating a new account instead of transfering? I can't get it. 

I cancelled the direct debit but they must as a matter of urgency refund the monies taken from accounts when I didn't know that two separate accounts were running when I requested for a transfer of accounts due to a home move and given new address. This is a matter of common sense and I am very angry. 

Pls respond ASAP

Jesus is Lord
1 REPLY 1

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi @kwajoman 

Sorry that you are unhappy

Can you PM me the account numbers please so I can look into this.  I can only find 1 account under the telephone number given in your profile. 

Thank you

0 Likes