cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Lost access to my account.

shatnersbosun
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I set up Talk Talk Fibre 65 for my mother on 17 Jan with 31 Jan installation date, then registered online account successfully a few days later. To keep the existing phone number customer services cancelled and reordered on 19 Jan with same account number, email address and other details, installation then 1 Feb.

The service is now active but I can no longer log in to account. Email and password don't match, tried to change password but says no account registered to email address. But I'm getting account emails from Talk Talk at that address. If I try to create an online account it says email address already registered to an account.

I'm wondering if the account number being duplicated could have thrown a spanner in the works. Contacted customer service but they weren't much help, so any suggestions how to get back into online account would be much appreciated. Given the situation I can't add info to profile, I'd need to DM any account details like phone number.

Thanks.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 2 of 10

Success! Thanks for your assistance Arne.👍

Message 3 of 10

Hi @shatnersbosun

The problem looks to have been cleared, can you re-try to register your mums account. 

Any problems let me know. 

Message 4 of 10

Hi shatnersbosun

The fix hasn't been implemented yet, I will continue to monitor. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Cheers Arne.👍

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi shatnersbosun

I have found there is a mismatch on the account stopping registration, so I have logged it to our network team to clear the problem, once this is done the registration will be possible, usually takes a few days for this to problem to be cleared so I will check early next week and let you know. 

Message 7 of 10

Ok, let me look into this, I have removed the account number from the open community.

shatnersbosun
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Private Message

Message 8 of 10

It's not MY account I can't access, it's account number **removed** I just set up for my mother, I'm her administrator/power of attorney. It's a different email address to my own account.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

HI shatnersbosun.

Your account is showing as already registered, using the same email address that you have in your community profile, so following the reset password path should allow you access.

0 Likes