cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Won't accept my sort code

andrewstarnes
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I have changed banks recently, I have been trying to update my direct debit information with talktalk since changing however due to faulty sort code validation on talk talks side, it wont accept my sort code: 04-00-03 because the 00 in the middle, it decides its not a real bank. I have spoken on live chat about it, no help, ended up trying to start a formal complaint about it because of being charged £12.50 because talktalk wont accept my bank, still no response in a week and am now not sure what to do next because the form validation for sort code numbers is still broken.

5 REPLIES 5

jawdanmd
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

Same here mate, I'm guessing you're also with Monzo? - It's a joke, seen many posts about it and seems like an easy fix but they just won't do it. I'm not calling them instead I just use recurring card payment, but even that they fail to take the money out automatically and instead I get a threatening email about adding £12.50 onto my bill for missed payments every month and then I pay manually instead.

Wild that this stuff happens in 2024. 

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

@andrewstarnes ,

I would agree that the proper long term solution is for them to get the programmers to fix the online form, but until that happens the best option you have available is to phone customer services as Arne has advised.

0 Likes

andrewstarnes
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Best option is to call customer services they will be able to add the details to your account.  

i disagree, best option is to fix your amateurish form validation, it's clearly a known problem. Last live chat was left being told that they can't update banking information on live chat, I'm not filling my days chasing talk talk so I can pay them money. The live chat was left with me supposedly getting a callback from someone but not heard anything for a week. 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi andrewstarnes

Best option is to call customer services they will be able to add the details to your account.  

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

This fault has been reported on the forum several times in the past 6 months or so, @andrewstarnes.

Sadly, if Talktalk has not fixed it, you'll need to phone up or use Chat for them to set it up for you.

03451 720088, after 9am.

See all contact information here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes