cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

moving home

clarkead
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Hello there 

im Moving House on the 1st march and would like to take my internet with me to the new house, ive tried doing it online and it says it cant complete it online so then i spoke to someone on chat and after being sent to three different people it didn't get resolved so could i get some help with this please.

would like it sorting ASAP as my wife needs the internet for her work so we need it up and running by move in date.

thanks

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hello,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

OK, do keep us posted.

0 Likes

clarkead
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 15

I believe the new router is being sent to the new place and yeah they canceled my current contract, it's disconnecting the same day the new one starts, also got open reach coming round to install cables that day too. 

Message 4 of 15

OK, that seems like progress. Never assume anything! Most communication should occur via email, the only thing to look out for is where the router is to be dispatched. If you have one of the recent TalkTalk Hub models take that with you to tide you over, just in case. And did they arrange to cancel your existing service at the same time?

0 Likes

clarkead
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 15

So rang them up today and your right they needed to change my contract due to the area I'm moving to is only full fiber (no coopper wiring) and should have it installed before the wife starts work again.

I'm assuming all the info will be sent to my current address and not the new one (yet) 

Message 6 of 15
0 Likes

clarkead
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 15

Quick question I've just tried ringing them and it said they were closed for the day, do you know the opening times? 🙂

Was under the impression that they were open 7 days a week.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Not at all, I understand your exasperation. I hope you get a satisfactory answer from them soon, although I suspect that rather than simply a home move you will have to order as if it were a new service, try raising this particular point with them, 

0 Likes

clarkead
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 15

Yes they do so they said yesterday on chat , sorry looks like I was taking this out on you. 

Message 10 of 15

OK and do TalkTalk provide fibre in the area you are moving to? It may just not be possible to switch across as simply as you would like. Hopefully the support team here will pick this up tomorrow and can advise further. 

0 Likes

clarkead
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 15

The thing is they went through the issues with me (new area being fiber only, will need a new phone number) and I argged to them all then to send to another person and start the process again twice then to be told sorry can't do anything 😕 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

I appreciate that, but if you weren't able to do so via the online process there may be issues involved, including whether or not TalkTalk can provide a service, or what type at the new address.  So best to phone I think, especially given the timescale. 

0 Likes

clarkead
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 15

Ahh I was hoping I could get it sorted without having to ring up 😕

I don't get why i had to speak to three different people especially seeing the first one had me believe it was close to being done 😞 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

I think your best bet is to call customer services directly on 0345 172 0088 and specifically ask for the home move team. 

0 Likes