cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

12 days, 5 agents, 3 covid patients.

hughes6778
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

So my kids and wife all have covid and the Internet hasn't worked for 12 days. All started when the whole village had no internet. Everyone now is back online, except us! I've spoken to 5 agents so far and gone through the same script with each. Changed the line, changed the router, done test line check, powered on and off, left for 30 mins to restart, had firmware update and still the orange light persists. Apparently engineer has been and connection to property is fine. If I restart it flashes orange for 20 seconds, orange and white for around one minute and then solid orange. My heating isn't working as it's hive and no TV as they're all via WiFi. What a time 🙄

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this and I hope you're all feeling better soon. 

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection looks unstable. I can that you've mentioned that you've already tested with a different router. Does your main socket have a test socket? Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? If you dial 17070 from the home phone does this read back the correct telephone number? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Yes, I've done this a few times with no results. I've updated profile. 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi @hughes6778,

A solid amber light would tend to indicate that the router's physical connection is ok, but it is unable to authenticate onto the TalkTalk network.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

0 Likes