cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

CAN'T PORT FORWARD 80 ON DG8041W ROUTER

ley123
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

I just found out that the huawei DG8041W router doesn't allow port forwarding for port 80 and 443, I've seen customers getting replacement router that will work with those port, how do I apply to obtain that router which support those ports?

The error I got was "CAN'T PORT FORWARD 80 ON DG8041W ROUTER".

Thanks

Leyshanth
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi spandmac,

If you need assistance can you please start your own thread/topic in the appropriate support section

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

spandmac
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 13

I also have the same problem, I assume the router is not allowing ports 80, 443 to be accessible.

Would a replacement router solve the problem.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 13

If you want to access the device locally, use its private IP address.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

@KeithFrench  Thank you very much for your help.

Leyshanth
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 13

Nope.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hello @KeithFrench 

i tried accessing from my mobile with wifi turned off i can access the domain now so its Nat loopback, any way i can disable this function from the router? 

Leyshanth
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 13

Hi @ley123 

Please send me screenshots of the rules you created on the Sagemcom, so that I can check them for you. Ideally PM them to me to preserve your privacy.

When you say that you can't reach the DDNS domain, are you trying to do this from a device locally connected to your router? If you are any traffic leaving your router for the internet & back in again (NAT Loopback) is considered a security risk and will be blocked by the Sagemcom.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hello, I received the Sagecom router today. I attempted to set up port forwarding for 5001 to 443 and 5000 to 80 for my Synology NAS, but it didn't work. I also tried 5000 to 5000 and 5001 to 5001 without success. When I attempt to access the DDNS domain, it can't be reached. Consequently, I reverted to my old router (Huawei DG8041W) and configured port forwarding for 5000 to 5000 and 5001 to 5001. With the old router, I could access my NAS using the domain name, and everything worked fine. It appears that the issue may be with the new Sagecom router, but I'm open to suggestions. Please help me troubleshoot this. Thank you. @KeithFrench 

Leyshanth
0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi ley123

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hello Michele, could you please send me a Sagecom router? That would be lovely. My personal details are correct as well. Thank you for your help.

Leyshanth

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Morning,

Would you like us to send a Sagemcom Wifi Hub instead? We would also send a router returns bag so that the original router can be returned.

Thanks

Michelle

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

No, it is not possible to forward that port. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and consider swapping this for the Sagemcomn FAST 5364 instead, if that is OK with them & yourself.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith