cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Devices unable to connect to wifi

EvansI
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

Over the last week my talktalk router seems to have developed a fault where devices disconnect from wifi and are unable to reconnect. The only way to resolve the issue is to restart the router, however after a few hours the devices are again kicked off and can't reconnect.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

@Sasif, please start your own thread.

Return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Staff will reply after the weekend. 

Also ensure that you have completed your community forum profile details by going via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu.....Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. This is for staff to identify your account. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Sasif
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 20

I am having the same issue with my router too. Can a replacement router be sent to me as well please?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi EvansI

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi Debbie,

The replacement router is working fine.

Message 5 of 20

Message 6 of 20

Hi Debbie,

The router arrived. I'll let you know once I've set it up.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi EvansI

Ok thanks for letting me know.

You should hopefully receive this today or tomorrow.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hi Debbie,

Not yet.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20
0 Likes

Message 10 of 20
0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Thanks Debbie. I'll let you know as soon as it arrives

Message 12 of 20

Hi EvansI

Thanks for your reply.

I've ordered the replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi Debbie,

I connected up an old router last night (as I work from home).

I even tried doing a factory reset of the WIFI Hub via the physical button on the back of the router, it didnt seem to respond to the button press.

Are you able to send a replacement WiFi Hub?

Message 14 of 20

Hi EvansI

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 20

Hi @EvansI 

Alas, cs 5001 is part of Sagemcom's address. You either have the 5364 or 5464. Either way, now that the light is flashing orange, that changes everything. Have you tried it in the test socket behind the master socket's removable faceplate (if you have that design)?

In the meantime, I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

EvansI
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 16 of 20

Its a sagecom cs 50001.

It still has a orange LED cant connect over wifi or wired now (cant even connect to the admin UI over a wired connection).

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 20

There are 3 HUBs from 2 manufacturers.

It will either be from Huawei or Sagemcom, please look at the label for the EXACT model number.

0 Likes

EvansI
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Its not an environmental issue. There are no neighbouring devices on the same channels, it effects both 2.4GHz and 5GHz devices, and like I said a reboot of the device would resolve the issue temporarily.

The router also seems to be developing new issues. I've just switched on a laptop which could connect to the WiFi but was reporting no internet. I've logged onto the router and in the list of devices the laptop is listed but with no ip address. I've rebooted the router and now it has a flashing orange LED!

My router is the flagship "WiFi hub".

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes