cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

FIBRE65 now FIBRE40

MBP&O
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

After a recent loss of service, my F65 is now running at nearer 42Mbps not  the 67Mbps as shown in the sales blurb.

The WiFi is now no longer available in various rooms in the house. The weak signal is frequently  dropping out in areas that it can reach, and then it often refuses to reconnect.

FYI, the download speeds were measured via two independent companies as the TalkTalk speed test "has a problem" ... again?

What checks I can access claim all is well.

Advice appreciated.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi MBP&O

I'm glad it's arrived. Ok no problem 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi

I understand it has been delivered, but I have been called away for a couple of days. I'll sort it ASAP and let you know.

Thanks

M

Message 3 of 20
0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi MBP&O

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Yodel have told me to expect it tomorrow 😏 

Message 6 of 20

Hi MBP&O

Have you received a delivery notification for the router?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi MBP&O

Apologies that this is missing. The new router should have a sticker on with these details (wifi password, router admin log in details and make and model of router)

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Nope 🙂 only showing info as mentioned.🤔

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi MBP&O

The sticker should show the make and model of router too.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Thanks for that.

As an aside, and for future reference, the only ID on the back of my router bears no resemblance to rge schematic on 192 etc?

All It shows is a WiFi network and a WiFi password?

Not even a make/model.

Am I missing something?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi MBP&O

I've ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

I have now accesed 192 etc but using 

Admin .... lowercase 

And the password shown, I am denied access.

Perhaps the router is faulty and should be replaced.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi MBP&O

I think we should send a replacement router for testing so we can rule this out, would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

If I try to access the router using 192.168.1.1 , then I am almost immediately timed out. I will have another go from a different machine on the network.

As mentioned, turning it off for 30 mins doesn't  work.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you tried factory resetting the router and then re-setting it back up again?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Problems have been since the short outage a couple of weeks ago. The normal speed was usually in the low 50's .... sometimes higher but never lower than 50. 

There is also an issue with simple 'safe' pages (Google etc) that just refuse to load. They get half loaded and just hang for a minute or so.

I don't think that congestion is the cause as it has never been this bad.

Thanks

M

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hi MBP&O,

Line test is passing but showing local wifi congestion. Sync speed is 48.2Mbps and there one speed test showing earlier today at 44.9Mbps. Did the wifi issues only start after the recent loss of service? What speeds did you get before the recent loss of service?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 20

Just tried that ... no difference?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Hi

have you tried powering off the router for 30 minutes to reset the session?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes