cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

I cannot log on to my VPN

Amanda54
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

I work remotely and I have done for 3 years and all of a sudden, last Monday i was unable to get onto my VPN at home.  I have never had any problems before and my IT guy has spent hours trying to find out why, and I mean hours 😞 it has also blocked Teamviewer which he uses to access my computer remotely.

Help ! Help ! Help !

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Amanda,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi 

Couple of things to try, log into My Account online and check that any settings under Homesafe have not been turned on.  Check Scam protection is turned off. This option will block remote access from programs such as Team Viewer.

If all that is working fine, power off all equipment, router (and ONT if full fibre). for 30 minutes as this will clear the current session and allow a new session to start.

After this, retest and let me know what happens - ie.  Does the VPN connect then drop or refuse to connect, are there any on screen error messages etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.