cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

I've been asked to return my router or I will be charged £50??

VirtuaMcPolygon
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I've received an email requesting me to return my broadband hub with a serial number on the email.

The problem is that the serial number doesn't match my replacement hub and the faulty one that is/was broken. 

I had to request a new hub as the old one died with a bad firmware update putting it into a death loop on boot and a hard reset didn't fix it.

I don't think I have my old hub now as I was told to dispose of it. Just found the card only which has the serial number on it.

I don't know what to do as I cannot return something I don't have with a different serial number requested??? I thought I would ask on here as I dread to ask this on the telephone support and be past around with confused 1st liner tech support. 

Many Thanks!

Been annoying people since 1976.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi @VirtuaMcPolygon

If you post the tracking number on this thread I will add it to your account, making you exempt from any charges for equipment. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Staff usually just put a note on your file, but the main thing is to return something, @VirtuaMcPolygon and keep a certificate of posting so you can check the tracking number.

Sometimes Talktalk is slow to process the returns, so keep your record of it!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

I've been chatting to the support via the chat support.

I've found the old router so I can return it. But as I explained to support I do not wish to be billed for returning a router that has a different serial number than expected. I always assume the worst as most things these days are automated and if they don't match up I assume by default I will be charged regardless. Ever the pessimist me...

Been annoying people since 1976.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes