cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet/TV not been working for about a week

dawn_hdg
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

My tv is plugged in through an ethernet cable and won't load any of the apps, it says the internet isn't connected. I've checked the connection and it is saying it is connected. I restart the router 3 times a day and still nothing works. Having to use mobile data on my phone to watch the apps on that and I have to disconnect the wifi for anything to load on my phone. I've just sent a blank test email on my phone using the TalkTalk wifi and that works?? Not sure what the problem is?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

Has the new router arrived ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Morning

Everything worked for a few days, now doing the same thing

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Morning dawn,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi

In addition to the above, your current router is a few years old now so as a precaution, I'll get an updated router out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 8

Hi

As your line is ADSL, the speed is around 2mb, so this is borderline for a lot of streaming content.

You can try unplugging the Ethernet cable from the back of the router and plugging into another port to see if it reconnects.

Also, I've noticed there is some engineering works in your area that may potentially impact your line at the moment.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

dawn_hdg
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Hiya, yes it's a smart TV. I only connect my phone, as I don't have fibre in the building yet so the speeds are too slow for multiple devices. But since the problems I've had to disconnect my phone so I can get on the internet, thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi

Is this a smart TV, or do you refer to the TV box, and if so, which one ?

Do other devices connected to the router work ok ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes