cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Port forwarding on Huawei Super Router

tt-user
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Hi, I've been trying to set up port forwarding on my Huawei Super Router. I have a decent understanding of how this should work and I've triple-checked things at the URL below.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-port-forwarding/ta-p/2205382

I've tested the forward with netcat. Things work fine from inside the LAN (hence when the port forwarding doesn't come into play) but the port is closed from outside the LAN.

Any idea on how I could investigate this further?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 12

Glad to hear it is sorted, thanks for letting me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Message 3 of 12

Hey Keith,

Thanks for your help. I think I figured out in the end. I was connecting to the router from the wrong side! I thought I was using my phone as a hotspot, instead I was still connected to the LAN from the inside. I'm testing things from the mobile hotspot now, and all seems to be working as expected.

Thanks, tt-user.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Thanks Keith!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 12

I have them both & I will look at it tomorrow.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 6 of 12

Hm, I can't see my private message now, maybe it's in a moderation queue? Let me know if you don't see it and I'll send it again. Thanks, tt-user.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Thanks Keith, that's very kind indeed. I've replied separately.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

That shouldn't be a problem. If you want to send me a screenshot of your PF rule I will check it for you. I would suggest that you send it in a PM to preserve your privacy.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith

Message 9 of 12

And it's TCP and UDP.

0 Likes

tt-user
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Hi Keith, it's a single port above 50000.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

What TCP or UDP ports are you trying to forward?

Keith