cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Problems trying to cancel

joanne50
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I contacted talk talk through chat on 21st march to give my 30 days notice and was told that someone would phone me within 48 hours.   I asked the agent to put a note on my account that I give notice from that date to which she confirmed she did.  I did not get a call so i contacted chat again on 4th April and was told that there is no cancellation on my contract and that she would put a cease on it from 4th April meaning the contract end date would be 4th May.  I told her that I will not pay as I requested cancellation on 21st March.  I was advised that the cease took place on 4th April.  I have today received a text to phone a number (0345172007) about cancelling my broadband.  I'm not sure why I need to communicate with talktalk any further but when I phone the number it says invalid number.  I have all the screenshots of the previous conversations confirming my initial request, the fact that it would be noted as 22nd March and also confirmation of cessation.  Why would talktalk be dragging this out, as if I have all the time in the world for them to conduct such a simple request??

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi joanne50

Have you managed to get through?   

CancellationS can only be done via the loyalty team 03451720088 .

0 Likes

joanne50
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for your reply.  I have tried that number and selected the cancellation option to hear "Sorry your call can't be taken" and hung up.  I will just have to cancel my dd and fight it if it comes to it with the screenshots etc.  Never seen a worse service in my life. Thanks for your help 🙂

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Basically Chat is not authorised to process cancellations without a callback, @joanne50, which is why here, on the forum, we always tell people to use the Loyalty  / retentions team on 03451 720088. 

See here also for full instructions about cancellations:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

Forum staff are not authorised to process this for you.

It looks to me like the phone number they texted to you is missing a digit. The one I gave above should work but you need to be patient with the selection of options etc. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes