cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Switched to Talk Talk from NowTV - payments didn't stop from Now!

adamkiirby
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi all,

I switched from Now to TalkTalk earlier this year for my broadband. I was expecting TalkTalk to contact Now to advise of the changeover in service based on this article: 

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/switch-broadband/now-and-talktalk

There's no need for you to contact NOW to cancel your old home broadband service. This is because the old NOW service will be cancelled for you automatically on the go-live date when your broadband service transfers to TalkTalk.

What I found was that Now continued to take the payments for a number of months (the Now Broadband account was in my gf's name and payments were from her bank account and she didn't join the dots and realise she shouldn't have been charged - don't ask!!).

I complained to Now and they said that since they weren't advised by Talk Talk of the switch that there was nothing that they could do.  I haven't followed this up any further (which I will probably do in future) but I thought I would find out what TalkTalk had to say about the matter first.

Does anyone have any advice? Am I correct to think that TalkTalk should have contacted Now to let them know (which was based on the article I linked above).   Apart from myself/my gf for not picking it up sooner -  is anyone else responsible here?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Adam,

Fr8ys is correct, Now will not have actioned this if the account names are different. They will close the account if your GF speaks to them as the account holder.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

adamkiirby
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for taking the time to reply. That makes a lot of sense now I think about it. I will follow this up with Now and post the outcome. 

thanks,

Adam

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

You say the now account was in your girlfriend's name. Is the TalkTalk one in yours?

If so this is probably where the issue lies as you cannot request a cancellation of her account. It's a GDPR issue, so now would probably have rejected the cease request as the account names didn't match.

Your best bet is to pursue this with Now and negotiate the best you can with them.

Staff here only work normal office hours, weekdays.

If you wish them to confirm my understanding or offer advice, you are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
You can also add your account number in the private notes field, which only you and the support staff can view.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes