cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Trying to contact Talk Talk about getting rid of land line and getting better deal

NornIronMan2
Participant
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Hello there

At the end of my tether here. Trying to get through to talk talk about a week now and there is never any chat available and when trying to phone it just disconnects you with "sorry your call could not be connected". Just about had enough of this shoddy non existent support number/service.

On a side note our landline has not EVER worked properly with the last year it being unworkable, (no dial tone, cant make calls out or incoming, not that it mattered much due to our smart phones).

I just want a better deal with the landline taken away with the cheapest package, but it seems I can never get through. Currently paying £45 a month for basics. I think might have to switch if there is no help as there are better deals out there. Just wanted Talk Talk to give me an option.

Any help anyone could provide would be most appreciated

Thanks again

Best

NornIronMan

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi NornIronMan2,

As Gliwmaeden2 has said, if you'd like to discuss your package you would need to speak to our Loyalty team, they'll be able to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

With any Openreach serviced company, if you have basic ADSL or FTTC, the landline comes with the Broadband facility & simply can't be separated out. Any fault on the landline will persist with the competitor services, and you can't get a reduction in fees for simply not using it.

If you install FTTP you can forget about the landline aspect. If you need the phone, ask to keep the number for use with Full Fibre. 

Staff on the forum can't sort out a deal for you, @NornIronMan2, so you will need to phone 03451 720088 or use Chat, during opening hours for live support.

Opening hours are given at the foot of this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

If you wish to cancel it must be done over the phone. If you are not within 30 days of the end of contract, you'll be charged early termination fees. 

From what you are paying, you are probably already out of contract. If that's the case, Talktalk would need 30 days' notice. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

NornIronMan2
Participant
Private Message
Message 3 of 13

I looked at all the packages available and was trying to get the one you suggested (£35 which includes the TV Hub). I gave up trying to upgrade, at the end of signup when I click next it just states "looks like you have an account with use login or please reset password or phone customer services" which goes nowhere as I have tried ringing many times and have reset the password to no avail.

I think I'll have to switch providers, getting nowhere here and have had just about enough of this nonsense, I just wanted the landline taken away and a better deal than £45. The whole thing is so automated. Totally infuriating.

I give up

Regards

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Your service comes as a package, we don't do a broadband only version. Have you checked if our Future Fibre service is available - Full Fibre Broadband | FTTP Checker & Provider | TalkTalk

Chris

0 Likes

NornIronMan2
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 13

There is no dial tone on the landline Chris, not today or never has been, we gave up on it a over a year ago. I dont want the landline anyway it was seldom used. I want rid of it and a just a decent broadband package at a good price from talk talk instead of the £45 I'm paying presently for very little

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

OK thanks. Line test is picking up a potential fault. Could you connect your telephone to your test socket and checked to see if there's a dial tone, if there isn't I'll raise this as a fault to Openreach 

Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

NornIronMan2
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 13

The landline number is in my updated profile now Chris

Please note that this landline has never worked, ie no dial tone no outgoing or incoming calls, been like this for over a year so we just removed the phone and relied on our smart phones, but Ive been faithfully paying my Talk Talk, not happy happy overall

Thanks

0 Likes

NornIronMan2
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 13

Ok I have updated my telephone landline number even though this number has never really worked

let me know that thi is ok

thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Thanks but could you also add your TalkTalk landline telephone number so that we can locate you on our systems

Chris

0 Likes

NornIronMan2
Participant
Private Message
Message 10 of 13

I have updated my profile

0 Likes

NornIronMan2
Participant
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hello Chris

Ive just updated my profile, let me know if this is ok

Thanks

Kirk

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi NornIronMan2,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service and have problems getting through.

Can you update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes