cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Unable to access Cynergy Bank via the TalkTalk DNS server

Jim_lineone
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 65 of 65

I am unable to access the Cynergy Bank website (www.cynergybank.co.uk which has the IP address of 107.162.158.249) via my TalkTalk router. It appears your DNS server can't resolve the address. If I change the primary DNS server to 1.1.1.1 in my TalkTalk Super router then it can resolve the address OK, or if I put the Cynergy Bank IP address in my browser address bar it can access it. I would rather stay with the TalkTalk DNS primary server on 79.79.79.79. Please could you investigate. Thanks

0 Likes
64 REPLIES 64

Message 1 of 65

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, is this still happening since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

RichardF
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 65

Hi BigiH

If you have Chrome browser on your machine there is an option in Chrome to set it to use an alternative DNS for secure sites. This avoids changing DNS settings within the router and worked for me as an interim way forward.

To do this go to 3 dots on top right of Chrome, chose ‘Settings’, type DNS in search, chose ‘Security’, scroll down to ‘use secure DNS’ , chose option with ‘Customised’ and select an alternative provider.

This is easily reversible if you wish to go back to current provider DNS.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 65

Good morning,

This is still an issue for me. in fact, this morning not only can I not load the home page of Cynergy Bank but also their online login page (the really important one!) has now stopped working with the same error message again.

I have powered down the router for 30 minutes and more as well as overnight and it does not help.

I believe the problem must be with your server as I can call up their web-site on a mobile phone if I switch off wi-fi altogether and go through the mobile data option. (I cannot do my banking through the mobile, though).

I have not had access to my savings account for 10 days now.

Please continue to look into this.

If you think a new router will help, then send me one, please.

Could you give me instructions on how to change the server address to 1.1.1.1 as another customer managed to clear the problem by doing that.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 65

Hi BigiH

Our Network Team don't believe this is a fault with the TT network as everything is now testing fine since the last issue was resolved. They also completed further investigations based on the tests you completed for us.

Have you tried powering down the router for a 30 minutes? (to start a new session)

We can also try sending a replacement router so we can rule this out. Would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 65

Good afternoon,

Thanks for the Private Message. Our Network Team are still looking into this and we'll let you know as soon as we have a further update.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 6 of 65

Hi BigiH

I'm just sending you a Private Message.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 65

Hi BigiH

Thank you. I've asked our Network Team to take a look and we will post back here as soon as we have further information.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 65

Powered down the router and left it off for about 10 minutes but same result when trying to load the home page of cynergybank.co.uk.

Will now add my details to the profile as you requested.

Message 9 of 65

Ok thank you and please let us know how you get on.

Michelle

Message 10 of 65

I am going in via a website on my laptop. Firefox browser gives the message I already sent you but Chrome and Edge give the following error message: Will now try and re-power the router to see if it makes a difference and let you know.

Hmmm… can't reach this page

The connection was reset.

Try:

0 Likes

Message 11 of 65

Hi again,

Could you try powering down the router and then retesting this again please. Does this also happen if you use different browser? Are you trying to log in via the app or the website?

If this is still happening following this then please can you add your name and home telephone number to your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal informtion on the Community.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 65

Having said that, I can now get the login page for online banking but still get the same error message for the Homepage of Cynergy Bank.

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.cynergybank.co.uk. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

Error code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 65

Hi BigiH,

I'm glad to hear this. The team didn't specifically specify, however it was passed to our Network Engineers to resolve.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 65

I have just tried to log into Cynergy this morning and it works. I was using a web browser (firefox).

Could you please shed some light what the fault was and if it is now permanently fixed?

Many Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 65

Hi BigiH

Apologies, this issue should now be resolved for all customers.

What happens, do you receive an error message? Are you using a web browser or the app?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 65

Still unable to get into Cynergy Bank - now day six. Is there anything you did specifically for the other customers who have now gained access again?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 65

Richard, is this also working now for you too?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 65

Hi alfie,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 19 of 65

Morning Michelle.  Just tried Cynergy and also Secure Trust which was the other site reported as similarly impacted.  I can access both now.  Thanks, Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 65

Good morning,

I'm glad to hear this 🙂 The team contacted us after we left and asked us to retest this.

Is it also working for everyone else?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes