cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wi-fi connection to mobile phone.

johand
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I have desk top computer, laptop and android mobile phone. Recently mobile phone is unable to receive wi-fi signal outside my home. When doing a connection check I was told that signal to desk top computer fine but to laptop & mobile phone signal was intermittent. Recommendation was to disconnect one of the items.

All 3 have connected perfectly well up until a few weeks ago. What is happening to my wi-fi signal?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi johand,

Thanks for trying that. I think it's unlikely that the wifi part of the router is failing but it could be a software issue so could you try resetting the router to factory default settings, this should resolve any software issues

Restore your router to factory settings - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Chris, tried your suggestion of switching off router for 30 mins, switching back on & rebooting phone but sadly had no effect on the problem.

I emailed the computer co. who set up my desktop computer and he said that if 2 of the three devices are struggling with Wi-Fi, it is mre likley that they have something in common that share the same problem - that is, the router. Could be that the Wi-Fi part of the router could be failing. 

Info on back of router is FAST5364-3TB S/N N7190804N013031. Are you able to check wi-fi part of the router or do I need new router@

Josie Hand 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi johand

Just a couple of things to try. Could you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on. Could you also reboot your mobile phone. Once you've done this could you retest and let us know if you are still experiencing the problem

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Michelle, not only can I not get wifi connection to my mobile phone outside my home but now cannot receive verification codes to my mobile when trying to make payments via my desktop computer in my home. Really need someone to sort out these issues please.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to try switching the wifi optimisation off to see how the wireless connection compares?

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Hi @johand could you clarify where in relation to your home you are when the WiFi signal fails to connect to your phone? Are you in the garden, the town centre or a different County? Regardless of my poor attempts at wit your post has been escalated and you should hear soon. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes