cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

open reach

jshipman4
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

you keep sending me text and email saying i need visit from open reach but my connection is good[ i did have a drop in speed 3 weeks ago but only lasted a week ] i dont want to get charged for this for a visit    ,,do i still need a visit as you keep saying i do

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi jshipman4,

If everything seems to be currently fine then I'd just monitor for a few days and see how it goes. As you say there's not much point sending an engineer if your service is working fine

Chris

0 Likes

jshipman4
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

yes there is a test socket and my phone seems fine ,can not see point in trying test socket when all seems fine at the moment [ the thing is to have open reach come round i have to report a fault and when he comes i would have to say i dont know what  the fault is and i see if no fault found i will be charged for it ty john

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hello,

I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential fault. The sync speed looks consistent at the moment and the connection looks stable. Can I just confirm, does your main socket have a test socket? Is there any noise on the voice service?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi @jshipman4,

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to advise.