cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Archived Emails not accessible

DaveRM
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

When  archiving an email in Talktalk  webmail on Windows PC, I click on the Archive:

DaveRM_0-1712769338386.png

But the saved email doesn't appear in any  of my set up Archive folders  or the general Archive, so where  has  it gone? and how do I get the missing emails back?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

You've selected an email and then selected the icon (ellipsis) for the More actions menu for that mail message.

Selecting the Archive menu item will move the mail message to the Archive sub-folder for the year of the message. For example, if the message you've selected to archive is dated 25/06/2023 then it'll be placed in the 2023 archive sub-folder in date order.  If you haven't previously archived 2024 year messages and the message is dated 2024 then a new 2024 year archive sub-folder will be created for that message.

Here's a folder view showing the expanded Archive virtual folder and its year by year sub-folders.

Archive : standard folderArchive : standard folder

I trust that answers your question. If you've already got lots of archived mail messages and you need to find a specific message then select the archive sub-folder and either scroll through the list or use the powerful search functions via the search box top centre on the blue header bar.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution