cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Message Not Delivered as identified incorrectly as SPAM

Ferguson2
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

My daughter's email which is a gmail address seems to have suddenly been identified as spam ??

and is not arriving in my email inbox or my spam folder.

It's been working perfectly back and forth for years.

How can I unblock it in Webmail

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Ferguson2
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

Thank you, Gondola. Great response and clear explanation. I will try to get my daughter to use the Gmail App and see what happens.

Message 2 of 5

Hi Ferguson2 

Yes, knowing the TT bounceback code usually tells me what's happening and in this case tells me that the fail to deliver is because of a temporary stop on accepting mail messages from a particular Gmail outgoing server because of a flood of spam being received.

Usually the message "Outgoing emails identified as spam" accompanies the TT406 code. This does not mean your daughter's mail messages have been identified as spam but simply that the same outgoing mail sender as she is using has been detected by TalkTalk's inbound mail servers as sending spam to the TalkTalk network. It's a blunt message really intended for the Gmail / Google Mail admins to tell them that they need to stop Gmail spammers because enough is enough.

Gmail admins will do two things. Stop the spammers and change the sending IP address for the 'spammy' outgoing server.

Clearly, your son's email got through and my test email got through so not all Gmail outgoing servers are affected but it's now down to how fast Gmail admins can stop the new wave of spam targeting TalkTalk Mail addresses. Last time this happened, some weeks ago, it was mainly tiscali.co.uk addresses being targeted. A combination of reducing the Gmail spam and new spam filters at TalkTalk did eventually make things better.

Your original question was how to unblock (when a TT406 bounceback happens to the potential incoming email). There is no way to unblock or whitelist. As a workaround, your daughter could try sending a different way. If using Gmail webmail doesn't work try using the Gmail app or other email software to see if that gets a new outgoing mail server. Or use a non Gmail address whilst Gmail sort out the spam that's making normal use of Gmail a problem for us all.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Ferguson2
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

hi Gondola

You are correct my son also has a Gmail account. I tested the TalkTalk server with his email address and his reply came back to me as normal ?

Now my daughter was sent an error code TT406.

Hopefully this helps

Rgds

Ferguson2

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

I see another member is reporting another wave of spam from Gmail addresses. But I've just tested sending from a Gmail address to TalkTalk Mail and that message arrived promptly. That tells me that TalkTalk does not have a blanket block on Gmail addresses or Gmail senders despite the alleged spam.

Does your daughter get any bounceback error from TalkTalk? If so what is the TT 3 digit error code?

You ask how to unblock in webmail? Do you have any Rules / Filter rules active?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes