cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to log in to my tiscali email account on android phone

1davorr
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi guys hoping you can help.

I have had a tiscali.co.uk email account for years, never had any problems with it, running in my PC (outlook), ipad (mail app), and android oppo phone (outlook app).

Yesterday it stopped working on my phone, telling me I need to sign in to my account, When I do that using the normal IMAP and SMTP settings it does not recognise my IMAP/SMTP password.

I have checked the settings and p/w on the ipad and replicated those on the phone but it still doesn't work, I get: Log In Error - check email and password and try again.

How can a password work on the ipad and PC but not on the phone? and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Dave

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Perfect.

Conclusion is there was an issue with Outlook for Mobile. If you're happy to use TypeApp - it and it's sister BlueMail are really well designed apps - then job done.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Gondola - the TypeApp option has worked nicely.  Many thanks for your help 🙂

Message 3 of 6

What I'd like you to do on the OPPO 'phone is select the Google Play Store and download the TypeApp or BlueMail email app.

That email app will automatically set up just by entering the email address and password.

Typeapp email for Android

• Select Add Account
  • Other Email
  • Enter the Email address and Password
    (The full email address is the Username)
  • Select Automatic (default is Automatic)
    The account settings will be auto-detected* and set up automatically as a secure IMAP email account. Those settings are shown below.

To access Settings for an existing account

• From the Inbox, tap the horizontal triple open dots (top right)
  • Settings
  • Accounts
  • Select the TalkTalk account
  • Select Edit Account
  • Select Incoming/Outgoing Settings

Incoming server settings

• IMAP server: mail.talktalk.net
  • Security: SSL/TLS (check certificate)
  • Authentication: Plain
  • Port 993

Outgoing server settings

• SMTP server: smtp.talktalk.net
  • Security: STARTTLS (check certificate)
  • Port: 587
  • Tick Require sign-in
  • Authentication: Automatic

0 Likes

1davorr
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Gondola - thanks for getting back to me.

Yes the p/w meets the security standard and works on the PC and ipad but still not on the phone. It worked fine two days ago. I didn't change anything AFAIK. It just kicked me to and wont let me back in. 

I'm reluctant to change the p/w again in case it won't then work on the PC or ipad. At the moment I am at least still able to get mail on those two.

Are there any other options?

Thanks again
Dave

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Hi 1davorr 

An incident was cleared at around 2pm. You can view the report whilst it's still on the  My Connection dashboard - scroll down to the service status reports page. 

Are you still experiencing difficulty in signing in or receiving or sending mail on the 'phone?

Has the password been upgraded to meet current security requirements?  i.e. a minimum of 8 characters, although I recommend 12 - 15, multicase letters and at least one number and a symbol?