cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broad band speed after power cuts

epwilkinson
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 31

Having had similar experience of my line speed being down regulated after power cuts at home, I disconnected my phone line connection to the router and powered it off for 30 mins. 

Unfortunately the line speed has not reset and is still stuck at 24Mbps. Any ideas. Wait and see? Is there some manual adjustment that can be made? 24Mbps isn’t really compatible with the various needs of the household. 
Thank you. 
Eric

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 1 of 31

Morning,

Ok thank you for the update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 31

I found a brand new NowTv (Sky NR 801) unboxed in my attic. I plugged that in and it worked 52Mbps speed at the exchange. When the new Talktalk router arrived I inserted that and got a lower sync speed (47Mbps) so I’m sticking with the Sky router for now- which is a shame…

0 Likes

Message 3 of 31

Hi epwilkinson

I'm so glad to hear that the engineer has visited, thanks for letting me know.

If you don't receive the router by tomorrow then please let us know.

Message 4 of 31

Another engineer has visited and replaced the master socket and outside connection box. 
The talktalk router was then misbehaving, but I’ve put a temporary NowTv Hub 2.0 box and it connects and speed is back up again 52Mbps)
just waiting for the new talktalk router to arrive- it wasn’t delivered yesterday as expected. Hopefully today. Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 31

Hi epwilkinson

No problem. I will keep monitoring today too just in case the engineer provides any updates today.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 31

Thanks for following this up. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 31

Hi @epwilkinson 

I've spoken to Openreach and they have advised that the engineer should be working on this fault today and we should have further updates by 16/05.

Thanks

Message 8 of 31

Hi epwilkinson

I will speak to Openreach this morning to get some further information.

Message 9 of 31

Thanks- Very frustrating. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 31

Hi epwilkinson

This fault is still with the Openreach engineers. As soon as they update the fault ticket with further information I will let you know.

epwilkinson
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 31

The Openreach engineer visited earlier when I was out. He phoned before arrival but has not updated me on the outcome. The internet has not been fixed- I’m still connecting at 22Mbps. From the Ring camera footage the engineer appeared to be onsite approximately no more than 10 minutes. Any update your end, please?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 31

Hi epwilkinson

This fault is still with Openreach, they haven't provided any additional updates as yet.

I will continue to monitor this.

Message 13 of 31

Hi epwilkinson

I can see that the fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning so we should hopefully have further updates later this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

epwilkinson
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 31

Thanks. I received a SMS from Openreach yesterday morning st 08:12 to say they may be in touch. No further contact so far. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 31

Morning Eric,

Thanks for the update and for the photos, it does look like it could be letting water/moisture in. The line test has detected a potential external line fault so I've passed this straight over to Openreach for an external line investigation to be conmpleted. I'll check again first thing in the morning for an update for you.

Thanks

Michelle

epwilkinson
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 31

Actually, 

I have inspected the outside connection. This is the junction box used when my telephone wire was replaced following a fault that was repaired in February this year. It appears to be badly fixed and allowing water ingress. 
Presume this needs an engineer’s visit?

Eric

24591174-6f46-4cbd-8821-0e23c70cf766.jpege62ab3e0-fa67-48f4-842e-37487f637e3a.jpege08cb27b-4fd1-4fa3-a7bf-1f1dd97278a8.jpeg
0 Likes

epwilkinson
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 31

Connecting the router to the test socket with a DSL splitter has degraded the speed further. Now down to 21Mbps download. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 31

That's probably the test socket, could you take a look at the following help article and let me know which type of master socket you have - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

epwilkinson
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 31

There is no test socket inside this master socket, only a single line in which I would need to connect an external splitter

0 Likes

Message 20 of 31

No problem. You could try connecting the router to the test socket if it isn't connected to it already

Chris

0 Likes