cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

no hd channels

brian50111
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

I cannot see any hd channels on my Talktalk  TV box, I have retuned the channels several times with no luck, I have previously had HD channels, i do not know why they have suddenly disappeared

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

but if I remove the aerial from my box and connect it directly into my TV, I will see nothing on my box and not be able to retune any channels on my box........I am not at home now, but will try this tomorrow

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

you should still see the menu options on screen when yoy press the buttons on the remote.

If the box has started to fail, and is reaching the end of its life, then nothing can be done.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

I tried  taking the aerial out of the box this morning and to retune the box, but when I remove the aerial I am seeing a blank screen and unable to go to settings

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi

If you can get the HD channels on the new box, then it could be the tuner on the old box.

Try taking the aerial out of the box, retune the box, no channels will be found, put the aerial back in the box and retune again.

See if channels 101 etc appear.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

I have not checked the HD channels on my TV directly, my TV is connected to my TalkTalk box and I watch all the programs using my box, I have had HD channels this month, but not anymore, I dont think it can be weather related, there have been no storms in the last 2 weeks, I can get HD channels on the new 4k box, but prefer my old Talk Talk box as I can record programs while watching other programs

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi

if you connect the aerial directly to your tv, you can retune this and see what quality you get on the HD channels.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

sorry for the late delay, I have been away for the weekend, I have tried everything you have suggested, but still no HD channels, I have had HD channels this year, recently I was sent the new 4k box, and tried it for a week, and this had HD channels, but I preferred the old box as I do a lot of recording while watching a TV program, so I disconnected the new box and went back to using the old box, so maybe something happened when I have been disconnecting the boxes, I suspect it has something to do with my outside ariel.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi Brian

did you check the quality of HD channels directly on the TV ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Does your TV have HD channels? If not then it is either weather related and they will comeback, or it's an aerial issue, in which case they won't.

If your TV does receive them, then try another retune, but first retune without the aerial in so that it clears any residual memory held by the box and then retune again.

Let us know how you get on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes