cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

9 flashes on router

samtile
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Our wifi is a bit hit and miss, and I wondered if it has anything to do with these flashing lights on the modem. Has anyone seen the following issue:

Router flashes 9 times every 22 seconds for the whole 6 months we've had it. It goes white white orange white white orange white white orange.

This seems so specific, that surely someone must know what it means?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 7

Hi samtile

I'm sorry to hear this.

Are you still experiencing this issue since you have moved the router?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Yes they usually are covered, just put the splitter into there, if you don't usually have a phone connected give it a try without,  I have nothing in the dsl port on the adapter 

Ready to learn something new today
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

OK, just found the green one, it was covered with a sticker @Funky-Gibbons 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Thanks @Funky-Gibbons, sounds worth a shot. Could you explain in more detail? I don't have a green port in router, only red WAN, 4 yellow ethernet (unused) and a grey broadband (unused). 

Do you mean just having a splitter with only half being used? 

0 Likes

Funky-Gibbons
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Hi @samtile  this may or may not help you,  I had the same issue as you have described when I upgraded to full fibre with digital voice,  after a lot of discussion on here and a call with technical support it was suggested that I used an adsl broadband splitter in the green phone port on the router, this resolved the issue. 

Ready to learn something new today
0 Likes

samtile
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Note I've spoken to support and they suggested moving router from behind TV which may resolve the issue, so I'll wait and see how that goes - however, the 9 flashes still continue and doesn't seem right, but it doesn't make sense to me that every operative I've spoken to does not know what those 9 flashes mean.

0 Likes