cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

EEro

Shedload1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

Hi

I am just trying to set up my new Talktalk package so a couple of questions.

I am assuming the Eero replaces my current router but what about the Digital Voice adapter that arrived with it ?

Do I set that up after the eero and what does it do ?

Thanks

?
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Morning,

How has your connection been over the weekend?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19
0 Likes

Theshed
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 19

Ok, Thanks for your assistance.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi,

Ok thanks. If it's ok with you, monitor for a few days and if this is still happening (dropping connection) then we can look at trying the eero if you'd like to see how the stability compares?

Michelle

0 Likes

Theshed
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 19

Just ran a test- Download speed is 156Mbs.

This is a definite improvement, it only been on couple of days but I have noticed the occasional 'drop out' ?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Great thanks for confirming. Just curious, what speeds are you currently seeing? If everything works well then it's be fine to carry on as you are at the moment.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Theshed
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 19

Hi,

Yes the green port is the one I am using. As phone line currently works fine I will stay as we are.

Only just switched so early days for speed comparison. As long as current router is compatible I will wait and see if speed improves over previous.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. Strange that the eero wouldn't connect as it shouldn't need a profile change to work. If the speeds and VOIP/voice service are currently both ok then it would be fine to continue to use the current router. It does have a green voice port on the back of the router right? 

If you'd like help setting up the eero then please let us know.

Michelle

0 Likes

Theshed
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 19

Installation was by Openreach

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi again,

If you'd prefer to use the previous router instead of the eero then this would be fine. Can I just confirm, was your FTTP installed by Openreach or CityFibre?

Michelle

0 Likes

Theshed
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 19

Hi Michelle

So according to the Talktalk site I have a 'Super-router'.

I originally plugged eero into the LAN port as per set up guide. Nothing worked.

I then plugged it into an Ethernet port and OpenReach back into LAN. Back online.

I then set up the Digital Voice Adapter, all lights flashing as required but 24 hours later, no phone line.

I have now returned phone to it's original socket on router and phone is back.

Do I need the eero and 'DVA' to achieve new linespeed or can they be omitted ?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Morning,

Ok thanks. If you have VOIP with us then you'd either need to use the eero and digital voice adapter or the wifi hub 2 for it to work.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Theshed
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 19

Good Morning Michelle

I am not home at the moment but I know the Router is Talktalk branded if that helps ?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Morning,

Which router do you currently have please? 

Michelle

0 Likes

Shedload1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 15 of 19

Do I actually need the eero ?

Landline was VOIP anyway so is there any advantage.

?
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 19

No the Eero replaces your old router (which one do you have), it connects directly to the ONT. You will need to buy yourself a cheap Gigabit data switch for the other things plus the grandstream.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Shedload1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 17 of 19

Thanks for info.

I currently have PC, Tv and phone plugged into router does the eero plug into this, if not how do I connect them ?

?
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

t provides the digital voice. Connect your landline phone to its phone port and the other via Ethernet to a spare port on the Eero.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?