cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre 65 getting installed, how many plug sockets do u need?

Kay121
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I'm due to have fibre 65 installed but the email says I need a free double socket as it has 4 plugs? I only have 1 beside the phone socket. And can't think of anywhere else in my house I could have it moved to. Anyone have fibre 65 and could tell me how many plug sockets are needed? Says its the WiFi Hub 2 that's being sent. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

paulshent
Community Star
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

One for the ONT , One for EERO or router.  One for telephone if required.       Only require 2 socket if you are not having fibre direct to house and you are not having an Ont fitted but using telephone type connections to router

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Technically it is only one additional socket required to power the ONT. Your router will be replaced with the Hub2 so no additional socket required for that.

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

If you are getting FULL FIBRE then the installer will need to bring the fibre cable into the home, this may not be at the same place as your current phone line.

As far as I know the basic installation requires power to the ONT and router, so two sockets are required.

As all the devices are low power you can easily use a multiple outlet extension socket.

If you have internal phones with a base station and wireless handsets that will obviously need power as well.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-Full-Fibre-is-installed/ta-p/2555166

0 Likes