cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Slow wifi and no 5Ghz from Eero 6

jenny727
Team Player
Private Message
Message 64 of 64

Hi,

I recently (sept 20th) had fibre 150 installed through talktalk, with the supplied Eero 6 dual band mesh router.

After open reach had finished the installation and set up the eero I connected my kindles,phone ect

to it. We did several wireless speed tests and it showed between 147 and 151 Mbps and a 5Ghz connection in the same room as the Eero.

All my TVs, PVRs, Desktop ect are all connected via Ethernet cables and speed tests showed a constant 151 Mbps. The next day however my wireless connection had changed from 5ghz to 2.4ghz on all devices and the speed had dropped massively to between 5 and 15 Mbps and this was in the same room as the Eero. The wired connection still remained at 151 Mbps. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting devices to no avail, still would only connect at 2.4Ghz and slow speed. Tried all trouble shooting tips, turning off 5Ghz, soft reset, ect but all devices still would only connect to 2.4Ghz. Ran two different wifi analizers and neither could detect 5Ghz only 2.4Ghz.

I have been having this trouble for 2 weeks now so Eero has had time to settle down but still no change.

Also if I move out of the room where the Eero is into the next room the speed droops right off.

Could this be a faulty unit or do you have any other suggestions.

I have also heard other people have had this problem and it has been rectified by being sent a Eero 6 pro as this is tri band and has both high and low 5Ghz frequency's as well as the 2.4Ghz.

Kind regard

jenny.

P.S – Before we changed to full fibre we had fibre 35 with talktalk. The dlink router was in the same place and the wifi signal was excellent throughout the whole bungalow and most of the garden.

0 Likes
63 REPLIES 63

Message 61 of 64
0 Likes

jenny727
Team Player
Private Message
Message 62 of 64

Hi Michelle, Yes I have, but will try doing it again to make sure it is off for a full thirty minutes.

I will get back to you as soon as it is back on and retested.

Kind Regards 

Jenny 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 63 of 64

Hi jenny,

Thanks for your post. Can I just confirm, have you tried powering down the eero for a full 30 minutes and then retested this again please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes