cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Ultrafast fibre 150

Werepaws
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

So i am very confused 

i recently signed uoto talk talk from sky

i was previously with sky had gfast plan and was paying 29£ then it went to 32 then 34 if renewed or if didn't renew 42£ 

so sky would not offer a deal. So I moved talk talk. It went live yesterday i went for fibre  65 at 28£

i then see a new promo offering it for 27£ and apparently the current speed i get are not reaching the minimum its 54mbit 

dont know what's going on

anyway called them and they just offered me an upgrade to Fibre 150 with talk tv for 29.95£ fixed price plus for 24 months 

she also mentioned a erro 6 router to be sent 

now this plan has ultrafast listed on it which is open reach speil for FTTP

but the only two speed's listed are 150 and 250 

I checked the BT future fibre site  and it says exchange a build at the exchange is happening my local post code suggests not available I know they update every three months 

all the information on the booking and confirmation which is confirmed for engineers says how future fibre is installed 

so am I being upgraded to FTTP or is it gfast 

and will the phone line be VoIP like it was with sky a digital phone line 

becuase im pretty sure even to make gfast work properly there can be no phone because its a data product only

for the higher speeds frequencies etc 

im so confused right now 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

I'm glad your enjoying the service so far, and thanks for the update.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Full fibre not yet available but will be soon as they are starting to install it and pulling new fibre through 

talk talk said they would upgrade it for free when available. It will be next year im sure way before my contract finishes 

so far I have been impressed with the new service. No issues or problems

huge discounts on the TV stuff as they gave me a 4K tv hub and deals on nowTV with entertainment and cinema. 

and paying a hell if alot less compared to virign media and sky and BT etc

thank you for your help 

thought id update and tell you how it's going 

after the rocky start initially with the service before gfast package upgrade 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Werepaws

Just to clarify,  the order is for GFast going live on the 4th July.  

Also a Wifi Hub has been requested. 

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

"Ultrafast" and similar terms are just used for marketing purposes, they really can be confusing. If TalkTalk have offered you a service which includes an eero then that suggests Full Fibre to me. And if that is installed by Openreach then you can also have a VoIP landline service included.

Good luck with your enquiries and do keep us posted.  🙂

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Makes sense

im checking around used my friend's post code which I know has FTTP from Bt available on the BT poles and compared to mine

its literally different 

ultrafast for me means gfast 

I never had any speed issues with sky gfast so ideally I should get the same speed via talk talk

the only difference is looks like there will be an analogue phone line attached to the line

now the problem with this add's potential interference on the line from PSTN analog signals going over it

where as skys was pure data only 

I find the whole broadband market so messey with many terms overlapping 

// just looked at sky and they have an ultrafast deal for 5p more than the talk talk offer 

cooling off period maintains because new contract

why can't companies make things simple with keeping customers 

im not fussed about TV as I don't even have a TV 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Honestly, you are best to go back to the customer services team directly for answers to these questions, they will be better equipped to do so than the support team here I suspect. 

0 Likes