cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

eero

Peanic
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

I want to be able to choose which frequency and channel various devices use.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Peanic,

I've chased this for an update now.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Peanic
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 14

Thank you Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Peanic,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've passed this over to our Devices Team now and will post back here as soon as I receive an update from the team.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi Chris. Thanks for getting back to me.

yes, alas,.

paul

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

OK thanks. Are you still experiencing the slow speeds on the iMac?

Chris

0 Likes

Peanic
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 14

Thanks Chris - just updated info.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Peanic,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then pass this over to our Product team. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 14

First off, I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and iapply the channel 155 patch for you. Would you like my help to investigate the 2.4GHz problem.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, Full Fibre account number & if you can, please include the serial number from your ONT in the Private Notes section. Please also try to include an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Peanic
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

Thanks Keith.

The problem is eero is allocating 2.4, channel 6 to the iMac - its slow!

I'm amazed that for a wifi6 device that the eero doesn't have the functionality that most other router have - the ability to choose frequencies and channels. Really disappointing actually.

Looking at Radio Analytics it does show channel 155 as you say. i've got 4 devices using 5 and 4 using 2.4.

Frustrated, I connected the iMac to an ethernet port.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

Which channel in the 5GHz band is your Eero using? If you look in the Eero app & go to Radio Analytics it should give you the channel information there. The speeds you mention make me think that you might be using the 2.4GHz band. Some customers have recently experienced a problem where the 5GHz channel is locked on 155, which is not supported by a lot of WiFi adapters, hence they are forced to use the slower 2.4GHz band. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi Michelle - thanks for responding and apologies for not getting back to you.

Such functionality would be very very welcome.

At the moment the router is automatically allocating a channel and frequency to the iMac and my Tx rate is 130mbps. When with BT it was 247mbps (I used 5ghz band).

I appreciate that there are bottlenecks between what comes into the house and the device (e.g. network card) but one of the reasons I joined Talktalk was because of the wifi6 router - better coverage and potentially better speeds. Unfortunately a drop fro 247 to 130 has been painful!

Thanks again

Paul

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Morning,

At present this is not possible, however I believe that this functionality may be coming. Are you experiencing an issues with your connection?

Michelle

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Your expectation is not possible.

The eero app does have Troubleshooting options on the Settings tab. Have you looked there? Is there a particular issue you wish to solve that's not covered in Troubleshooting?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes