cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

STEAM RACEROOM RACING

DJC3103
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi - I'm trying to setup the dedicated server app for RaceRoom racing on Steam - It advises UDP 60000, 60002 and TCP 60001 - I have adjusted the port forwarding in the router, but still get the error of 'No Response from Server' - Note, Server is on a different PC with a separate Steam account   from the Main account and PC. - Advanced thanks.

AstroN3RD
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

Glad to hear that you have resolved the setup issues.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi @KeithFrench,

much appreciated for the input... Only yesterday evening I managed to get everything resolved.

A mix of :

* Windows Security (Inbound / Outbound permissions)

* REGISTRY update HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters {IPEnableRouter}

and of course..

* Router Port-Forwarding

I have managed to get the Server and Game running on the same machine, although the Wizards of all things possible said it couldn't be done : 🤔

AstroN3RD
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

HI @DJC3103 

@Michelle-TalkTalk has asked me to help you. I think the most likely problem initially (assuming you have allowed these ports through the Windows firewall via an inbound rule), is the way that you might be testing this. Are you trying to use another device connected to your local router & basically go out to the internet & back into the router via its WAN IP address or DDNS domain? If so, most TalkTalk routers block this type of traffic (called NAT Loopback), as they consider it a security issue.

If you want to test it in this way, use a smart phone, but first disconnect it from your local Wi-Fi to force the connection attempt over mobile data.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

DJC3103
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

UPDATE :

As much as this isn't fully resolved yet, there is a need to 'also' update 'Windows Firewall' advanced settings (obviously 😉 ), and set the rule(s) up to allow inbound and outbound traffic for TCP and UDP... still not working fully - but once I have input from others, and resolution from myself, I shall complete a working structure to follow.

AstroN3RD
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Morning,

@KeithFrench - Is this something that you would be able to offer any advice on please?

Thanks