cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Home landline not working properly

koreainsincere
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi there, I've been using TalkTalk as a backup broadband service for a while now (a good fallback when Virgin Media frequently goes down) and have just started to try and use the telephone side of that line. I have one of those BT boxes with a separate input for broadband and old style BT male connectors. The broadband is fine but the phone does not work. I bought a brand new BT phone, hooked it all up and am getting the line cord error message despite everything being plugged in correctly. I know it isn't the phone itself because I have tried it on the Virgin line and it works flawlessly. Strangely, if you ring the TalkTalk number from another phone you get the dialling tone and the home phone rings but when you answer it there is nothing, just a continuation of the ring from the handset. On outgoing calls it gets nowhere because of the line cord error message, no dial tone so you can't dial out either. Is it possible to check this line and tell me what needs to happen to fix it? Do you need any other information? Thank you.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi george83

Please can you create a new thread/topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

george83
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

exactly the same with me, still waiting for some acttion from ttalktalk

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi koreainsincere

That's great news, thanks for letting me know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hello Debbie, thank you so much for this and for keeping me updated. Yes everything is working normally now which is great. I very much appreciate your help in resolving the issue, thank you.

Message 5 of 10

Hi koreainsincere

I can see that Openreach have now closed the fault (yesterday evening) as resolved - work completed at the exchange.

Has this fault been resolved?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi koreainsincere

The fault was showing as assigned to a line engineer again earlier today so we are just waiting for the engineer to update the fault ticket.

I will keep monitoring for updates.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Morning koreainsincere

This fault is still with Openreach, we should hopefully have further updates later today.

I will keep checking and I will keep you updated.

Thanks again.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

koreainsincere
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Thanks Debbie I really appreciate this.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi koreainsincere

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test and this has detected a potential fault at the exchange. I have escalated this straight over to Openreach and I will post back here as soon as I have further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes