Occasional Contributor
flyingpig
Founder

Last Caller number - 0 (zero)

I have just had a call from somewhere, and the number appeared as 0 (zero) when I answered, it just said, "goodbye".

What is this number...??? Can TalkTalk shed any light on it...??

Thanks.

FP.

EDIT - Just for clarification purposes, after dialling 1471 the number came back as zero....

How can this be? Who can call on the number 0?

Help..,.,.,????
OCE_Michelle
Topics: 2
Kudos: 799
Solutions: 366
Founder

Re: Last Caller number - 0 (zero)

Hi flyingpig

I am not too sure what this could be. I will speak to Emma about this and see if she has any ideas.

Thanks

Michelle

OCE_Debbie
Topics: 0
Kudos: 743
Solutions: 373
Founder

Hi flyingpig

We have spoken to Emma and she is not sure what this number is or who the call is from, we can only suggest if this continues it maybe worth requesting last caller barring on your account, this will enable you to bar specfic numbers from calling you.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Debbie

Super Contributor
BuffsMad
Founder

It might be an overseas number/automatic dialler which uses a presentation number to get round unavailable/withheld issues.

If you called it back the only thing I can think of is it might show on the relevant bill.:smileyindifferent: But I would not recommend calling back such unknown numbers.

You can get 0, 000, 11, 111 etc and they do not transmit a real number for display purposes.

EDIT - PS Bryans following explanation of truncated numbers is helpful too - particularly where a call produces longer number strings than the CLI or phone will allow - it might drop leading numbers, drop 'extra' numbers or display a variety of combinations.

BuffsMad - back in beta:smileymad: and synching @ 22086/1017 on 6dB Interleaved d/s.:robotwink:

I'm creating a Basic Guide for New Members with pointers on how to use the Forum. Comments welcome here

TT Profiles - A Guide ¦
Static IP, Port Forwarding & the DMZ
Super Contributor
BryanA
Founder

Just an idea, but I could be wrong

Oh! great minds think alike, just before I posted this, I spotted Buffs had a similar idea :smileytongue:

Was it possibly an incoming international call and the number has got corrupted by CLI so just displayed the first "0" when it should have displayed "INTERNATIONAL"

Not sure how last caller barring would be able to block it (unless the whole number was registered OK by the network - which could be true)

e.g.

How do I call the UK?

• Dial 00 44 to reach the UK and briefly wait for any change in dialling tone

• Dial your local code, dropping the preceding zero

• Dial the local number you wish to reach
Maybe CLI got confused by the 00 :smileymad:
Regards
BryanA

Contributor
PhunkeyMonkeh
Founder

I've been getting loads of these since joining talktalk.

The number always shows as '0' and when i answer its various automated messages.

Ive had a few from 'Bet Fair' offering a 'dead cert' on a race/game.

And ive just had one today offering my a free holiday in florida.

So annoying.
Im already registered with TPS aswell.
Super Contributor
trinity
Founder

Originally Posted by PhunkeyMonkeh
I've been getting loads of these since joining talktalk.

The number always shows as '0' and when i answer its various automated messages.

Ive had a few from 'Bet Fair' offering a 'dead cert' on a race/game.

And ive just had one today offering my a free holiday in florida.

So annoying.
Im already registered with TPS aswell.

I don't know how long you've been registered with TPS, but it takes around 28 days to properly 'kick in'. You should note, however that it does not work for call from overseas call centres, and these are becoming more widespread lately.
Trinity

Speak your mind, but chose your words carefully.