cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Migrate from BT full fibre with digital voice keeping phone number

broadstairs
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

I am looking to move back to TalkTalk when my existing contract ends next month. I originally moved away as TT did not support digital voice. Now I see that this is available.

What I need to know how do I go about doing this and keeping my original phone number on DV with TT? Changing the number is not really an option.  There seems to be no options when looking at available Full Fibre broadband to do this keeping my number.

Stuart

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

The OP is obviously aware of this, @ua166, hence the conclusion that they came to in this thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ua166
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 13

My aim is not to receive help myself, but just pass on similar knowledge that may assist the OP.

I have already called the numbers mentioned above, and was given the responses that you cannot take out a landline at the same time as you take out any full fibre lines. The recommendation to OP is wait for talktalk to update their systems to allowed you to be able to do what some other ISPs do, which is allow you to take out a full fibre new contract + port your number into their digital voice systems. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Use the phone number given in the first staff reply,  @ua166.

Phone must be ordered AT THE SAME TIME as Full Fibre, if it's available. 

Other than that, if you need further help, please start your own thread. You need to return to the message board and click on start a topic to do this. Staff only reply to the original poster. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ua166
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 13

Talktalk really have not managed this well. I was able go from bt to Vodafone 500mb fttp line and take my landline with me. Why talktalk only offer the 500mb as a data only package whilst vodafone and others offer a digital voice landline is beyond me. They need to update their systems and/or training for their staff otherwise they will lose a lot of customers who refuse to lose their old landline numbers.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

You'll get another chance in 24 months time IF and only IF I can migrate my digital voice number! 😉

Stuart

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Im sorry to read that you have decided not to come back to us. 

0 Likes

broadstairs
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 8 of 13

Just to say that I shall not be migrating to TT now, just set up to go to elsewhere with migration of my landline to digital voice with them. Also got a great deal pricewise and very fast speeds (250mbps average)!

Stuart

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Arne I just called that fibre sales line and got absolutely nowhere. The lady I spoke with was adamant that as I am considered a new customer I can only take out a data only contract and cannot migrate my number to digital voice. Apparently if I took out a new copper line I could keep my number, or at least that's what I understood her to say which is completely ridiculous.

This whole thing is a complete shambles as your systems do support digital voice for existing customers but new customers it's data only!

I am in no position to migrate to TT unless I can migrate my phone number as well as I've had this number for probably 30+ years and changing it is not something I can consider.

Is there any way you can escalate this as it seems to me that this will become more and more problematic as time goes on especially as copper is supposed to be turned off around 2025.

Stuart

Message 11 of 13

Arne thanks for that, I was intending to call but wondered if I'd missed something on the website. I'll call them.

Stuart

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi broadstairs

Call us and ask to speak to the full fibre sales team, they will be able to assist you with this.

Number is tel:0800 0499999

Hope that helps.

0 Likes