cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

VOIP with fibre 150

Deefer
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Has anyone got a converter to allow them to connect their old BT handsets to their TalkTalk FTTP router in Essex.  Every time I ask for one I am told that "VOIP is not available in my area"!  Some of my neighbours have it (although not on TalkTalk) so "my area" must be very small.  Or is TalkTalk not supplying them because they want to leave it until nearer the analogue cut-off date when they will be charging the earth for them?

Also, can the converted be used with an eero 6 anyway?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Thank you.  But I don't understand why I am told VOIP is not available in my area when my neighbours have it.  They are only 50 metres away.  I have never been offered a package with VOIP.  I was told to buy a separate VOIP service from a third party supplier.  How comes those third  party suppliers can make it available in my area but TalkTalk can't, or won't?  I just feel I am being ripped off.

Anyway, thanks for the replies.  Can anyone recommend a third-party VOIP provider?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi David,

To get the VoIP service from ourselves you would need to have a package that has VoIP (yours appears to be data only), just connecting a digital voice adapter won't give you the VoIP service.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Yes, exactly that.

David

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi Deefer,

Just to confirm, do you currently have FTTP data only with a separate copper line for the voice service?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes