Contributor
alotoftalk
Founder

Email Short cut

Hope this message is under the right section. Is there a way where i can create a short cut for my talktalk email on my desktop or the tool bar instead of every time having to go onto the talktalk website & logging on?
Banned
redchiz

Re: Email Short cut

Can you not just bookmark the login page and then drop it onto your browser toolbar?
Contributor
alotoftalk
Founder

Hi, thanks for your message, as i'm still a novice to these suggestions, how do you bookmark it & then save it to my browser?:smileymad:
Trusted Contributor
M44RKD
Founder

or u could right click on desktop and select 'New' then 'Shortcut' and in the location input the mail location such as www.talktalk.co.uk/mail/, then click next and title it e-mail or whatever u want it to b called.
Contributor
alotoftalk
Founder

Hi, i've just tried that but i keep getting the window message 'the file mail cannot be found'
Super Contributor
marnie
Founder

Originally Posted by alotoftalk
Hope this message is under the right section. Is there a way where i can create a short cut for my talktalk email on my desktop or the tool bar instead of every time having to go onto the talktalk website & logging on?

Navigate to the log in page in your browser, press Ctrl+D on your keyboard and name it E mail, save it or click done, depending on what browser you are using.

This will then be available in either your favourites or bookmarks from the tool bar at the top of your browser.

Regards
Should people in glass houses be allowed to throw stones? (or are they sic?)Or is it ok to employ double standards and use selective memory?

If you discover that I am laughing, I apologise. It’s at you, not with you.
Contributor
alotoftalk
Founder

Hi there, thanks that seemed to have worked, sorry for being abit fussy but i was ideally trying to create a short cut so that it just sat at the bottom of the tool bar or on the desk top. But if i cant then hey your suggestions fine as its an improvement over the old way:smileyhappy:
Trusted Contributor
M44RKD
Founder

Hi there, thanks that seemed to have worked, sorry for being abit fussy but i was ideally trying to create a short cut so that it just sat at the bottom of the tool bar or on the desk top. But if i cant then hey your suggestions fine as its an improvement over the old way:smileyhappy:

if u do what i said then it will put a shortcut on ur desktop...
Contributor
alotoftalk
Founder

Ok will try again but was unsuccessful earlier on when i tried.
Trusted Contributor
M44RKD
Founder

Ok will try again but was unsuccessful earlier on when i tried.

ok well all ya need do is navigate to the email page u want as a shortcut then highlight everythin in the address bar, then minimise it then on an empty space on desktop right click and highlight 'New' then when the next menu appears highlight 'shortcut' and click. then in the box that appears paste the address u just copied in there and then click 'next' then in that box name it what u want it to b called..

i mustr apologise i got it the wrong way round in the first post, apologies
Contributor
alotoftalk
Founder

Thank you markdyer72 it finally worked, thats how i want it:smileyvery-happy:
Trusted Contributor
M44RKD
Founder

Thank you markdyer72 it finally worked, thats how i want it:smileyvery-happy:

your welcome, and apologies again for getting the sequence the wrong way round in the first post :smileysurprised:
Contributor
alotoftalk
Founder

No worries we all make mistakes:smileyhappy: Lifes not perfect.
Trusted Contributor
M44RKD
Founder

No worries we all make mistakes:smileyhappy: Lifes not perfect.

very true, very true, glad got there in the end tho :smileyvery-happy:
Super Contributor
marnie
Founder

If you want to go the whole way and you are confident enough, try right clicking on your task bar and choose toolbars, quick launch, that is if it is not already ticked. Now drag your new short cut icon on to this quick launch tool bar, you may find this at the bottom left on the task bar.
Regards
Should people in glass houses be allowed to throw stones? (or are they sic?)Or is it ok to employ double standards and use selective memory?

Trusted Contributor
M44RKD
Founder

Originally Posted by marnie
If you want to go the whole way and you are confident enough, try right clicking on your task bar and choose toolbars, quick launch, that is if it is not already ticked. Now drag your new short cut icon on to this quick launch tool bar, you may find this at the bottom left on the task bar.
Regards

unless ur using windows 7 in which case u would just right click on the shortcut u just made and select 'pin to task bar' and then it will appear in the left hand side taskbar
Super Contributor
marnie
Founder

Originally Posted by markdyer72
unless ur using windows 7 in which case u would just right click on the shortcut u just made and select 'pin to task bar' and then it will appear in the left hand side taskbar

I am not familiar with Windows 7, so is the quick launch automatically selected/open when using this version?

Regards

Regular Visitor
Trevor Brandon

OK, been trying to do this easily for ages. Finaly did it in W7 this way. 

In home screen, right click. In pop-up, go to 'NEW'.  A field comes up, asking for file info.

Keeping this open in back ground, go to your TalkTalk mail account & sign on. When it is open, go to info bar & select (highlight) address info. Right click, on pop-up, select 'copy'. Close this down to return to home screen with pop-up from previous showing. 

In info field, click here & 'paste. Email address should now appear. You can now rename it, An icon will appear on desktop. Click on it, it should go straight to email sign on screen. Mine does.