New Contributor
tomhum
Founder

SSL Connection Error on Google caused by TT Homesafe??

For about a week I'd been experiencing intermittent problems accessing Gmail, Google Maps, Drive, Play and other Google services from home.
The error message said
"Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error."

The problem was occurring irrespective of which browser I used (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari). All worked perfectly from my work internet connection.
I eventually found this....
SSL Connection Error in Chrome last night
As suggested, I switched off Homesafe and touch wood all seems to be working correctly so far.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue recently and is Homesafe a common factor? Have TT made any changes to the Homesafe service in the past week or so?
jcampy
Founder

Re: SSL Connection Error on Google caused by TT Homesafe??

I've never had a problem with homsesafe even during beta phase

Don't forget to add your phone number to your forum profile

Occasional Contributor
mattbird
Founder

TomHum,

Which router are you using ?

Matt
Contributor
S Miah
Founder

Originally Posted by tomhum
For about a week I'd been experiencing intermittent problems accessing Gmail, Google Maps, Drive, Play and other Google services from home.
The error message said
"Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error."
The problem was occurring irrespective of which browser I used (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari). All worked perfectly from my work internet connection.
I eventually found this....
SSL Connection Error in Chrome last night
As suggested, I switched off Homesafe and touch wood all seems to be working correctly so far.
Has anyone else been experiencing this issue recently and is Homesafe a common factor? Have TT made any changes to the Homesafe service in the past week or so?

You are correct. I am also expriencing this issue, just been testing with Homesafe off and on. Works if Homesafe off and doesn't work if On.
New Contributor
tomhum
Founder

Originally Posted by mattbird
TomHum,

Which router are you using ?

Matt

Hi Matt

It's a Philips SNK5630NS/05.

Tom
Occasional Contributor
mattbird
Founder

All,

TalkTalk have fixed something in HomeSafe... can you try turning it back on again to check that the issue has gone away ?

Matt
N/A
fishnchips
Founder

Sorry to drag this up but I'm getting these issues. They seem to be triggered by the virus scan part of homesafe where the ssl cert has a wildcard prefix on the domain, eg *.google.com vs google.com

Anyone else?
Occasional Contributor
H Jones Jr
Founder

I can't believe this is such an old thread and the problem STILL seems to persist.

I came across this problem using another secure site which had been working fine until about a month ago - after much head scratching, and using different browsers and operating systems, I turned off the HomeSafe settings as that was the only variable I had not fiddled with.  To my surprise this cured the problem.

Being a helpful type of person I thought I would post this someplace only to find that other folks had found this issue over a year ago!  Have TalkTalk not bothered to investigate this?

HJ

Occasional Contributor
cjdinc

I am not using TT Home safe and I still am getting the problem. It also seems to be linked to a message telling me I need to update Flash player. Any ideas anyone?