Occasional Contributor
workingdachs
Founder

Email settings dont work on Blackberry Q5

Can anyone help please?  I "upgraded" as my BB Curve broke.  None of hte listed email settings for TalkTalk email work.  I've spent hours over the last 11 days trying to resolve this to no avail.  I really need my emails to come to my phone as I have to respond whilst I am out and about to client queries etc.  I've spent hours with talktalk technical support - useless.  Same with Orange and Blackberry - can anyone please help me sort this out, it is driving me mad!

Thank you in advance!

OCE_Emma
Topics: 0
Kudos: 249
Solutions: 205
Founder

Re: Email settings dont work on Blackberry Q5

Hi workingdachs,

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your emails.

Could you please let me have a little more information about the problems you're having with your email?  Are you getting any error messages?

Cheers

Occasional Contributor
workingdachs
Founder

Well every setting I have tried will not work, including every combination of them.  The Orange shop has tried them and the Blackberry tech team have tried to validate every talktalk settgin on their server.  I can set up a gmail account on my phone but I need my talktalk email address as this is vital for my work.  Every tech support I have tried cannot solve it.

Occasional Contributor
workingdachs
Founder

All the validation options for talk talk on the Blackberry site fail
OCE_Emma
Kudos: 249
Solutions: 205
Founder

Hi workingdachs,

Could you please let me know what settings you have on the phone at the moment and what errors you are getting.

Cheers

Occasional Contributor
workingdachs
Founder

Hi Emma

The settings given by Talk Talk for incoming and outgoing servers (as per their web site) and all the combinations that are on the Blackberry site do not work.  Bkacjberry tested this themselves with a Q5, the model I have qand concluded it will never work.

I have been so angry and upset about this as I need my email to come to my phone for business purposes.  The manager at the Orange shgop finally told be yestserday that Talktalk know about this issue and the the port used by Talktalk is almost universally not accepted by all hte big mobile phone networks.  He said the only option I have is to open a Gmail account and forward my Talktalk emails to it.  Sadly I have paid a year in advance for Talk talk or I would have pulled out and gone elsewhere.  I have spoken to the telephone support people at Talktalk countless times and they tell me they do not offer Blackberry support, Blackberry tell me it is definitely a Talktalk issue ( I have spoken directly to Canada) and Orange tell me they have countless Talktalk customers with exactly the same issue.

Therefore I conclude that Talktalk lies to its customers and is fully aware that those settings will nto work on the newer generation phones.  It worked on my previous Blackberry curve as at that time, Blackberry used its own server - now it needs tp plug dierctly to Talktalks server and the big phone networks will not accept it as they tell me it is out of date technology and open to spammers ets.

So I am stuck.,  All I want is a phone that will accept the Talktalk email.  My daughter tried to set it up on her iphone 5 and that also only receives email -- it will not allow the outgoing mail.  Do you have any different advice?

Occasional Contributor
workingdachs
Founder

Forgot to say that the error message says the server is not responding and that is every combination of ports and sls on and off etc etc - what settings would you recommend I try?
OCE_Ady
Kudos: 445
Solutions: 316
Founder

Hi workingdachs,

sorry you're having so much trouble setting up email on your phone.

I know this works as several of my colleagues use the curve with TT mail.

This article on setting up mail on a BlackBerry should help.

Occasional Contributor
workingdachs
Founder

It DOES NOT work with ANY settings.  I have finally found a staement on Orange's own web site that says the new telephone technology (blackberry q5, i-phone 5 etc) DOES NOT work with talk talk, emails because talktalk technology has not kept pace - there are others that Orange (EE) also will not work via their network - Blue Yonder is another one.  It is to do with the ports that Talk Talk use apparently.  So Orange (EE) advised that no settings will work for Talk talk and I have to use a gmail account and forward my emails

OCE_Ady
Kudos: 445
Solutions: 316
Founder

[ Edited ]

Hi ,

would it be possible for you to post a link to that statement.

I'll pass it straight over to our technology team.

I've just reread the thread and I think I might have misunderstood at first.

If I know understand this correctly. You have an Orange mobile and you want to send emails. Orange are trying to help you set up using the TalkTalk outgoing mail server on your mobile.

The problem with that is you can't you have to use the outgoing mail server for the network you are on. TalkTalk mail servers will only accept outgoing mail from phones on TalkTalk services. You need to have your incoming mail as the TT server and outgoing mail will be the Orange SMTP server.

Hopefully, I've now understood and answered your question.

Occasional Contributor
workingdachs
Founder

Thank you but it will not accept the incoming mail servers either - every single setting will not work.  Ive spoken at length to your technical people and to Orange and Orange (EE) have now confirmed that they do not support hte talktalk email addresses because of incompatibility issues?

Interestingly I now cannot find the statement - I did tell them about it and I was hopping mad - I wonder if they have removed it after my complain?  Because they told me it would work with talktalk when I bought it and it clearly will not.  They said talktalk use the wrong ports

OCE_Mark
Topics: 10
Kudos: 432
Solutions: 337
Founder

hi