Problems accessing our websites

Our customers are currently experiencing problems accessing all TalkTalk website, we’d like to apologise for any inconvenience and assure you that our engineers are working hard to restore service ASAP. For the latest update on this issues checkout our discussion thread here.

Updated: 00:01

Contributor

Calls answered by BT 1571 service - charges?

I call a number, also on TalkTalk, and get the BT 1571 answering service. Each call costs me 21p. Just thought you ought to know.
Super Contributor

Re: Calls answered by BT 1571 service - charges?

Is it only 1 TT number effected. Can you dial other TT without problems.
Contributor

It seems to be all numbers that normally would be free. Once I connect, the call isn't charged.
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Grahamdeepwell
It seems to be all numbers that normally would be free. Once I connect, the call isn't charged.

Admin will pick up topic on Mondayish but I am a bit confused and maybe you can clarify further for them in advance.
Initially you mentioned 1 TT number where you got BT 1571; what precisely happens from there with the 23p charge? and can you actually talk to who you trying to dial.
Other TT numbers; no problems dialling/connecting/answering direct?
BT numbers no problems dialling/connecting/answering direct?
Sorry to be pedantic but trying to detail precise fault happening
Super Contributor

Post withdrawn. Misunderstood the original post!
Super Contributor

Confusion reigns here; from members 1st post implies dials a normal TT customer number and instead gets BT1571 (not TT free 1571)Mad / EEK! / Confused / FrownMad / EEK! / Confused / FrownMad / EEK! / Confused / Frown
Contributor

Clarification and update.
I am calling Northampton from Sheffield. The called party is on BT, I find, not TalkTalk. The first three calls were not answered, and went to BT 1571. These were charged 21p each.
The fourth call was answered and lasted 22 minutes. I was not charged for this call - it was at the weekend so was free with my Package.
I think I've answered my own question now. The first three calls were charged as if they were answered normally.
If I get 1571 at the weekend, I assume I will not be charged.
Thanks for looking and sorry for the confusion.
Super Contributor

Glad we could help/clarify etc.
Dependant on your usage or possible usage (my wife cant understand after 7pmSmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy) you might want to think about 'anytime' for £4.50 a month.
Lots of numbers like doctors etc you have to call in day time (before 7pm) and they are often 0845 'premium rate' numbers which are included in TT 'anytime boost'; worth a review as to your current usage/costs etc
Super Contributor

I would heartily endorse the "Anytime Boost" feature! At £4.50 a month I find it is worth every penny, and I am not one who uses the telephone a lot, but find that most of my calls are in the daytimeMad / EEK! / Confused / Frown
Topics: 30
Kudos: 626
Solutions: 316

Hi Grahamdeepwell,

Can you please provide the time and date of the calls and I'll take a look into this for you.

Cheers
Em x
Contributor

Thanks Emma, all is explained now. I was looking at some adjacent calls which looked odd. Turns out 3 were on a weekday and 1 on a weekend. They were all correctly charged.
Topics: 30
Kudos: 626
Solutions: 316

No problem - glad to hear you got to the bottom of it Smile

Cheers
Em x