Occasional Contributor
chippyw
Founder

'Customer Loyalty' Phone Number ?

I won't go into detail, I'm sure you all have a TT 'I've spent xx hours on the phone to TT and it still isn't sorted' story.

I've been given a number 0870 444 1820 which is for 'Customer Loyalty' who I've been assured (Yeah right) can sort my problem. Is this a number anyone has used ?

Many Thanks
Trusted Contributor
M44RKD
Founder

Re: 'Customer Loyalty' Phone Number ?

Originally Posted by chippyw
I won't go into detail, I'm sure you all have a TT 'I've spent xx hours on the phone to TT and it still isn't sorted' story.

I've been given a number 0870 444 1820 which is for 'Customer Loyalty' who I've been assured (Yeah right) can sort my problem. Is this a number anyone has used ?

Many Thanks

Depends on ur problem, most get sorted via these forums
Super Contributor
eebdsirhc
Founder

Yep - that's just the normal TalkTalk customer services number.

You can give them a try, but normally you will get better service on these forums, although it may take a little longer as the forums are not real time.
Occasional Contributor
chippyw
Founder

Thanks for the replies.
I am an ex-Pipex customer on broadband only contract.
I rang TT on 02/03/2013 and changed to the Essentials package. 12 month contract, line rental £114 a year, £3.25 a month for internet.
So far, so good.
I was advised I would receive some correspondence (to do with distance selling regs)and my order would go through in due course. A new router was to be sent too. I've heard nothing.
Rang 5 times over the last 3 days. The upshot (eventually) is the router has apparently been sent out but there is nothing waiting to be processed on my account so I will have to go through the process again.
I was given the 'Customer loyalty' number to ring. I'm at the point where I'm going to change providers if I can't get it sorted out in the next call.
Utterly disgraceful CS.
Super Contributor
eebdsirhc
Founder

What you need to do to try and speed things up is have a look at these Security Questions.

and then send the information via Contact Us.

A 12 digit reference number will be email back to you.

Then make a new post on this thread stating what your problem is etc. and include the 12 digit reference number at the end. That will save a little time as the OCE's need the ref. number for security and this will save them having to ask for it.
OCE_Emma
Topics: 3
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 277
Founder

Hi chippyw,

I'm sorry to hear you have experienced problems with an order. If you require help from the forum team please follow the process detailed in eebdsirhcs post.

Cheers
Em x

Occasional Contributor
chippyw
Founder

Hello,
My incident number is 130321-002488
On 2nd March 2013 I contacted TT to change my current package (BB only) to the essentials package (BB + Line rental). You will see from my email address I am a long time Pipex/Tiscali/TT customer.
I agreed with the agent that I wished to enter into the 12 month contract paying £114 in advance for the line rental and £3.25 for the BB. I was advised there was a connection fee of £30 but that £30 would be applied to my account, effectively offsetting the cost. I was advised a new router would also be sent out. My bank account details were taken.
I was told I would be sent some documents (to do with distance selling regulations) and that TT would handle changing my line rental from my current supplier BT. I am not tied into a contract with BT. The process would apparently take about two weeks. I was told my TT BB service would not be interrupted.
After I had heard nothing I contacted TT early this week. After a number of frustrating conversations, I understand the situation to be as follows. Attempts 'have been' made to send my router. I don't know what 'attempt' means. I have not received a new router but I'm not concerned about this.
The last agent I spoke to advised me that there was nothing waiting to go through on my account and that he would need to take my details again. We got a short way through this process when he said he couldn't complete the contract and I would have to contact the 'Customer Loyalty' team.
I don't know whether I can face another call to TT to sort this out.
I simply wish to enter into the contract as detailed above: (Value line rental - £114, BB £3.25 per month for the first 12 months, new router, 12 month contract) with my current payment details that you hold
Please can you help ?
Regards
Charles Wright
My incident number is 130321-002488
OCE_Emma
Founder

Hi chippyw,

The reference provided does not contain the answers to the forum security quesitons.

Please use the contact us form to submit the forum security questions to enable us to assist. You will be provided with a 12 digit reference via e-mail following submission. Please post the reference in this thread once it has been received.

Cheers
Em x

Occasional Contributor
chippyw
Founder

Originally Posted by OCE_Emma
Hi chippyw,

The reference provided does not contain the answers to the forum security quesitons.

Please use the contact us form to submit the forum security questions to enable us to assist. You will be provided with a 12 digit reference via e-mail following submission. Please post the reference in this thread once it has been received.

Cheers
Em x

I have replied via the 'Contact Us' link.
OCE_Emma
Founder

Hi chippyw,

Please provide the reference as previously requested.

Cheers
Em x

Occasional Contributor
chippyw
Founder

I have replied again.

Not sure what you didn't have.

If you need further information, please state exactly what it is you require.

Regards
Occasional Contributor
chippyw
Founder

Originally Posted by OCE_Emma
Hi chippyw,

Please provide the reference as previously requested.

Cheers
Em x

I've now got two reference numbers.

The second one is

130326-001361
Occasional Contributor
chippyw
Founder

It may not surprise you that I now have 3 incident numbers.

The third one is 130326-002149.

Getting farcical.
Occasional Contributor
chippyw
Founder

Any chance of a meaningful reply ?

Thanks.
Super Contributor
eebdsirhc
Founder

Every time you add a new post you move yourself to the back of the workflow queue, as you now have the most recent timestamp.

Best to stop posting and wait for an OCE response, it can take a while at busy periods (and apologies as this post has moved you backwards in the queue a little).
Occasional Contributor
chippyw
Founder

Originally Posted by eebdsirhc
Every time you add a new post you move yourself to the back of the workflow queue, as you now have the most recent timestamp.

Best to stop posting and wait for an OCE response, it can take a while at busy periods (and apologies as this post has moved you backwards in the queue a little).

Thanks for the reply.

I find the concept of (in theory) sorting out problems on a public forum to be utterly bizarre.

Don't worry about moving me back in the queue. It's only taken me about 3 and a half weeks from ordering my new package to get....absolutely nowhere.
Occasional Contributor
chippyw
Founder

PLEASE ANSWER MY QUERY - I HAVE SUPPLIED YOU WITH EVERY NUMBER I HAVE BUT STILL NO REPLY 5 DAYS LATER.

OCE_Emma
Founder

Hi chippyw,

The forums do not offer real time support, all threads are responded to as quickly as possible. The "5 days" you quote included a weekend and two bank holidays. You have then repeatedly bumped your own thread even after a helpful forum user has advised against doing this as the forum support team work from oldest to newest threads.

Thank you for completing security questions.

You are currently out of contract. I can see no notes on your account stating a new contract has been agreed to or any record of an order for servcies. Your account shows no record of any equipment being requested.

I can place an order for the Essentials package with line rental and brodband services. Line rental would be charged at £14.95 per month and the Essentials package would be £6.50 per month. It is likely to take 10-14 days for the orders to complete.

If you wished to renew your contract with any discounts to these fees you would need to speak with the Customer Loyalty team on 0870 444 1820 if you wish to renew your contract. Alternatively we can ask them to call you at a convenient time.

Cheers
Em x