cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

4K TV Box not available

eastwing
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Just got an additional new 4K TV and wanted to power it using the new TalkTalk 4K tv box because I have TalkTalk FFTP broadband.  After calling today I have been told that this is not available to me because I am on a Freedom Fibre package.  The customer service agent didnt know why but said other Freedom Fibre package customers had also asked this question.  Does anyone know why I cant get a TalkTalk 4K Tv  box?  There is no mention of this constraint on the web page advertising TV packages.  Does anyone if TV will become available and if so when?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Good question. I'm personally not aware of any commercial or significant technical issues that would prevent TalkTalk TV being offered to alt-net connected customers.

TalkTalk have invested in their own network to provide content to the Edge servers i.e. as close as possible to the customer connection. Perhaps content delivered via the alt-net networks is not yet as good. Just my guess as to why TV packages aren't yet offered to all TalkTalk Fibre customers. The Sales page says "TalkTalk TV is available to all TalkTalk Fibre and Full Fibre customers."

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Many thanks for your swift reply.  I wonder if its a commercial matter or a technical matter stopping this.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi @eastwing 

I did ask Karl-TalkTalk this very question and was advised, contrary to the TalkTalk Sales small print, the Sales page small print is not definitive and should say "TalkTalk TV is available to all TalkTalk Fibre and Full Fibre customers subject to location." and that currently CityFibre connected customers are in those locations that are currently excluded from having a TV package. I also asked about Freedom Fibre and Community Fibre and TalkTalk customers served by those networks. Seems they're in the same category as CityFibre connected customers and not currently able to get TalkTalk TV packages.

Karl did say he hoped that this exclusion would change in the near future. I asked the question on 15 January 2024.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes