cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

My talk talk tv box working intermittently

Lefty61
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

My tv box seems to be working intermittently, for the last few weeks it is “failing to record” various programmes which have always recorded fine before, it regularly freezes and has to be switched off at the power source to reboot which takes ages, this week some of the channels had disappeared (ch 3 to 7) I have retuned the channels and carried out a factory reset but it is still intermittently switching itself off and then “waking up” are we entitled to a free new tv box ? Ive not recently renewed my contract

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi Lefty61

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

OK, make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that the support team here can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

Lefty61
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Yes I am paying a monthly talk talk tv fee and recently renewed my contract for broadband and phone

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

If you have tried a factory reset and the issue persists then I fear that it have may have reached the end of its useful life. Assuming you have a Huawei box then TalkTalk no longer supply these. The only replacement would be a non-recording box. Are you paying the monthly TalkTalk TV fee? 

0 Likes