cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV services slow

Rusty_2
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

Asking about my son's service as he has learning disability. His internet is working fine but when he uses his TV - especially the Guide it is incredibly slow. and it is slow responding We have reset his TV View box but it has made no difference.

Help please?

Thank you

Rusty2
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

@Bagpuize 

This thread relates to the old TV Plus recordable boxes, not the TV Hub.

Please therefore start your own thread as each case is considered unique and it is easier for support to be given to one person per thread and also less confusing.
To start your thread click the Browse button, then Help With Your Service and select the appropriate category. You will then see a Blue Button "Start A Topic"
Please also note that you should only post back on that thread and not start another on the same topic as multiple posts cause delay to you and others seeking help.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Bagpuize
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 20

I've watched this thread with interest because they all reflect my experience with the TT TVhub. I changed to this when the apps on my previous TTSTB were so outdated that they all failed. TT's advice was to 'upgrade'. Ever since I have regretted accepting that advice.  The boot time can be anything up to 5 mins, the program guide does not load, apps fail to load and it tells me there is no wireless signal. My TT router sits 0.5m away from the hub and works every other device in the house!  After 15 mins it does settle down. It is worse than waiting a thermionic valve TV to warm up!

I am concerned that TT's and YouView's engineers have been on this case for some time and nothing is yet fixed. Come on guys - it is 2024 and this little box behaves no better than a 1980 Spectrum. Please post progress on the Status page. 

David W
0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi

Youview have now asked if customers experiencing these issues can try :

• Remove ethernet and see if the box/Guide recovers
  • If not, remove the aerial and see if the box becomes responsive
  • Reboot the box if they haven’t already
  • If the box is briefly responsive after a reboot, try a retune via Settings

If this does not restore functonality then try a Factory Reset from the settings Menu.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Thanks Karl

Rusty_2

Rusty2
0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi

I've fed this back to our Device Team / YouView.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi Karl

He's done a reset & retune & it's not helped apparently, it's still the same.

I can't get there until Saturday to check it though

Thanks

Rusty_2

Rusty2
0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi

Do let me know if the retune or reset helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Rusty_2
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 20

Thanks I'll get him to have a go at that then

Thanks

Rusty_2

Rusty2
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 20

@Rusty_2 there was also advice given elsewhere to try a soft reset of the box. This can either be done by pressing the on / off button for around 10 seconds until it restarts, or turning it off from the mains.

A retune once done may then help.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Rusty_2
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 20

Hi Karl

My son has now tried it after the fix but he says the guide is still slow

Thanks

Rusty2
0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi @Rusty_2 

YouView have advised that if this issue is still affecting your box, try a Retune of the freeview channels and then see if that helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Thanks Karl,

I'll get him to check it when he gets in later

rusty_2

Rusty2
0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Hi

YouView have implemented a change so pleae retest the guide to see if all is now ok.

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Rusty_2
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 20

Thanks everyone for your help

Rusty2

Message 16 of 20

Hi

A couple of customers have confirmed the maintenance reset has not worked, so this has been fed back to YouView whilst they continue their investigation.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

If you've tried it once, its probably not worth doing as YouView will no doubt issue an update.

0 Likes

Rusty_2
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 20

Thank you.  I'm sure it was a Maintenance reset which we did and it made no difference but will have another try when I can get up there.

Thanks

Rusty2
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

The following notice is on the Service Status Dashboard (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Service-Status-Dashboard/bd-p/service).

If the advice doesn't work then keep an eye on the status board for updates. Thank you.

We're aware some TV customers using our TalkTalk TV and TalkTalk TV Plus Boxes are currently having issues with the Guide not loading and being unresponsive.

We'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time and assure you that our engineers are working with Youview to restore this feature as a priority.

Youview have made us aware a reboot of your TV box does NOT resolve this issue. They have advised performing a Maintenance reset could be completed to resolve the issue.