Problems with your TalkTalk email

We’re really sorry if you're having issues sending, accessing or using email at the moment. We're working really hard to resolve the problems and apologise for any inconvenience caused. For more information read our email status page

New Contributor

Boosting wireless signal

I have a new TalkTalk Huawei HG533 Router which is working fine and I am very happy. However, I would like to buy a wireless booster / repeater to take out some blackspots where the wireless signal is intermittent and slow. I want to make sure that the repeater I purchase is compatible with the new router so have looked at the huawei ws320.
Is this the correct approach?
Should I be worrying about compatability of different manufacturers?
Has anyone experience of boosting the wireless signal with the HG533 router?

Community Star

Re: Boosting wireless signal

I use the WS320, with a TalkTalk D-Link 2780 router, no problems.
It supports all the usual wireless encryptions and b/g/n transmission.
Buy from Amazon, I found their prices to be just as good as anyone else's, plus it's far easier to send things back and get a refund if it doesn't work as expected.
Regular Contributor

I use a Netgear WN2500RP Extender with a Netgear DGND3300 Router.
The Extender will also work with the TT Dlink 2780 Router (my previous setup).
I don't see any problems extending the signal from your router using the Netgear model.
You should find this on Amazon.
Surfing from the Fenlands of Cambridgeshire and when I can from the Bay of Islands, Northland, North Island, New Zealand.
New Contributor

thanks for your helpfuln responses. i will give it a go and see how it goes. many thanks