Contributor
skin56
Founder

Homecall: Your username or password was not recognised, please try again.

Hi

I am receiving the above error message when attempting to login to my webmail via http://webmail.homecall.co.uk. I have been using this email address for many years and so this email address is very, very important as it has essential information held within it. I am also unable to view important emails that I have received recently and communicate with various people/organisations. My wife has a similar email address and this is causing her equal distress at it's unavailability.

Please help urgently.

Thanks

Steve

OCE_Debbie
Topics: 0
Kudos: 665
Solutions: 339
Founder

Re: Homecall: Your username or password was not recognised, please try again.

Hi skin56

I'm sorry to hear this.

Just to confirm, is this showing in My Account?

Thanks

Contributor
skin56
Founder

[ Edited ]

Debbie

No, the error was showing when I and my wife (and others) were attempting to access our email account via http://webmail.homecall.co.uk/webmail?index=1 . This IS the email address used for access to 'My Account'  but this access was fine. The issue resolved itself(?) on Tuesday morning BUT, for future reference, I need to know what occurred to cause this 'outage' as this was a worrying time for my wife and I. I have not received any communication or seen any details on TalkTalk webpage regarding this 'outage'  which is concerning.

Are you able to obtain the details of this issue?

A further issue has arisen in that I wish to be able to change my wife's homecall password and a tinyonline email account password  via 'My Account' -> Profile & settings -> Manage your email and Password -> Manage existing address. I am unable to add these email addresses as it displays '????????@tinyonline.co.uk cannot be added to this account because either the email address or password was incorrect.' but they are both correct!

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Steve

OCE_Chris
Topics: 1
Kudos: 526
Solutions: 255
Founder

[ Edited ]

Hi skin56,

I'm glad to hear that your webmail is working again, apologies for any inconvenience (the incident reports states that the issue was caused by a faulty hardware component).

I am really sorry but if you are unable to import the email addresses into your My Account then unfortunately you will be unable to manage the email address (change password), although you should be able to continue using the email account (send and receive emails).

Contributor
skin56
Founder

Can you provide a reason why I cannot import the email addresses (homecall email address and tinyonline email address) into your My Account?

Thanks

Steve

OCE_Debbie
Founder

Hi skin56

I've been advised that you should be able to add this in My Account providing you know your email address and password. If not then we can raise this. (please do not post any of this information on this thread)

Thanks

Contributor
skin56
Founder

Hi

Unfortunately I'm unable to add these email addresses into My Account. I do have the correct passwords and email addresses - checked these by logging into the email accounts! Not sure what you mean by 'we can raise this' but please do if this will fix the issue.

Thanks

Steve

OCE_Debbie
Founder

Hi skin56

Apologies for the delay.

Please can you update your forum profile to include an alternative contact number (please do not post this on this thread)

I can then raise this to our Network Team. Please bump this thread to confirm once your forum profile has been updated.

Thanks

Contributor
skin56
Founder

Hi

I've updated my forum profile with alternative number.

Thanks

Steve

OCE_Debbie
Founder

Hi skin56

I'm really sorry I haven't already asked this, please can you confirm the error message you receive?

When i raise this to our Network Team, just to advise we can't guarantee that this will be linked to My Account.

Thanks

Contributor
skin56
Founder

Hi

Please see attached error message:

talktalk manage email.JPG

OCE_Debbie
Founder

Hi skin56

Unfortunately due to this message, we are unable to investigate this further. This is for security purposes.

Thanks

Contributor
skin56
Founder

Whose security, yours or mine?! What security could be affected?
OCE_Ady
Kudos: 574
Solutions: 290
Founder

I know this can be frustrating, but that email account can't be added because it would be impossible for us to confirm without doubt who the mail account belongs to.