New Contributor

Homesafe Settings Issue

Hi,

Yes I am experiencing the same problem & also cannot access some websites e.g. youtube, gaming websites or networking websites such as facebook. Every time I try to access these sites i get the message saying that my 'homsafe settings are preventing access to this site' even though my homsafe settings are off.

I have been in contact with TalkTalk over this isssue numerous times via email and phone but got no solution yet!

Ruthb62

Mad / EEK! / Confused / Frown
New Contributor

Re: Homesafe Settings Issue

Originally Posted by baz134dog
When you make a change to the settings, do you get an email confirmation?

Hi,

Yes I am experiencing the same problem & also cannot access some websites e.g. youtube, gaming websites or networking websites such as facebook. Every time I try to access these sites i get the message saying that my 'homsafe settings are preventing access to this site' even though my homsafe settings are off.

I have been in contact with TalkTalk over this isssue numerous times via email and phone but got no solution yet!

Strange thing is if I go to my siter's and use my laptop with her router & phone line the problem does not exist!!! It's either my phone line or somethin wrong with the router, though I have reset the router using the TalkTalk help page reccomendations.

I don't get an email either because nothing changes.

Ruthb62
New Contributor

Hi Michelle,

Yes I am still experiencing this issue!

Thanks for you reply,

ruthb62
Topics: 80
Kudos: 1,500

Hi Ruth

I have moved your posts to your own topic so the OCE's can help you, when you post on another members support topic it won't get you yourself any help Smiley Very Happy

Have you tried enabling ALL hommesafe settings and then after a 5 mins turning them OFF again, this should reset it.
Banned

Or have you tried just disabling Homesafe completely and using a mixture of more reliable products and common sense? Smile
New Contributor

Yes I have tried enabling ALL hommesafe settings and then after a 5 mins turning them OFF again, but nothing happens.

But that is not the main issue. Which is that I get the message from TalkTalk 'Your HomeSafe settings prevent access to this site' whenever I try to access any Unsure / Mellow / Droolocial networking site e.g. Facebook, Youtube or gaming sites.

Ruthb62 Smiley Sad

Originally Posted by fred sheehan
Hi Ruth

I have moved your posts to your own topic so the OCE's can help you, when you post on another members support topic it won't get you yourself any help Smiley Very Happy

Have you tried enabling ALL hommesafe settings and then after a 5 mins turning them OFF again, this should reset it.
Retired

Hi ruthb62,

I have sent you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can look into this for you.

Thanks

Nathan