Occasional Contributor
Draw101

Huawei HG533 firmware update

Hi, I cant seem to get the Huawei HG533 firmware update link to work, I just get "You are not authorized to access this page".

Any help or direct link appreciated
Valued Contributor
Tomo72

Re: Huawei HG533 firmware update

Originally Posted by Draw101
Hi, I cant seem to get the Huawei HG533 firmware update link to work, I just get "You are not authorized to access this page".

Any help or direct link appreciated

Strange, it used to be linked here
www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93993

but this post has been edited today and the link to the firmware removed with no explanation as to why. I updated mine the other day due to it keep dropping WiFi connection to my laptop and it is still doing so, perhaps another release is due to resolve many problems with this router
Super Contributor
wolfen

There seems to be a problem when manually updating.

See, www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96260
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive anyway.
Retired
Nathann

Hi,

The link for the firmware tool has been temporarily removed. The sticky thread will be updated as soon as this is available again.

Thanks

Nathan

Contributor
Andrew17856

Originally Posted by OCE_Nathan
Hi,

The link for the firmware tool has been temporarily removed. The sticky thread will be updated as soon as this is available again.

Thanks

Nathan

Hi. Is there an eta for when the firmware will be available again? I've gone back to my old router pending the firmware coming out, as the HG533 doesn't support NAT loopback at the moment (as pointed out by other posters on these forums), which is a deal-breaker for me.

Many thanks,

Andrew
OCE_Mark
Topics: 10
Kudos: 1,007
Solutions: 506

Hi Andrew,

Not at present however as previusly advise dthis will be updated once it has been released.

Regards

M:smileyhappy:

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Community Star
Fred_Sheehan

Originally Posted by Andrew17856
Hi. Is there an eta for when the firmware will be available again? I've gone back to my old router pending the firmware coming out, as the HG533 doesn't support NAT loopback at the moment (as pointed out by other posters on these forums), which is a deal-breaker for me.
Many thanks,
Andrew

Welcome to the forum
NAT loopback functionality has not been changed in the 1.14 firmware, there wer compatibility fixes but nothing to the underlying router functions at all.
If you need devices on your LAN to have access to your own server hosted on your LAN then populate their hosts files with the local servers LAN IP
NAT loopback is not a requirement for a router so not all routers support it.
Contributor
Andrew17856

Thanks. That's what I thought, but see here:

talktalkmembers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96344

I've had half a dozen or more routers over the years, and the HG533 is the only one so far that hasn't supported NAT loopback. I find this somewhat strange given it's supposed to be the highest spec'd of all of them.

e.g. the HG520b and HG520s both support it as did my Belkin F5D7632v4, and my D-Link router before that.

The use-cases for NAT loopback are relatively common. The main one for me is accessing my various kit from my mobile - which can connect either over the local network or remotely. Unless you have a rooted or jailbroken device, you can't amend the hosts file and, even if you could, it doesn't help the situation where it needs to access the same device both internally and externally.

Some peer-to-peer games also need NAT loopback to work properly as well, because they try to connect to themselves interchangeably using the local IP and external address (see some of the other posts on these forums if you search "HG533 nat loopback").

Is there any prospect of the HG533 having NAT loopback enabled? It's pretty useless to me as it is. I'm using my HG520b at the moment, but it's not that great because the number of port forwards you can define isn't enough for me, plus the Wifi range isn't as good as the HG533.

I suspect I'm going to have to buy a new router at this rate ...

Any help or suggestions appreciated!
Occasional Contributor
amartinwest

Ive just ditched this router, its absolutely useless. I have the NAT loopback problem which means I have to add the internal ip of my server in my internal DNS. But more seriously it just gives up the ghost when more than a couple of WIFI users hit the house. I know its a problem with the router because my son has the same router and when the family descend on him with iphones, ipads and laptops the router just drops the wifi. I had to sit by the router and plug in directly to it.

So dear TalkTalk can you send myself and son a router that works.

and as soon as my contract needs renewing Im switching to SKY because the broadband keeps dropping out in the early hours and the speed is not consistent, often drops to 1MB.

This addendum so search engines might find it

Huawei HG533 Drops WIFI when multiple users

Martin West
OCE_Debbie
Topics: 6
Kudos: 1,142
Solutions: 536

Hi amartinwest

Please can you create a new thread and we can look into this further.

Thanks

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Why not checkout our help & support guides: