Contributor
bbbuilder

Router keeps dropping connection

Hi  I need some help or maybe a new router the problem is it keeps dropping the connection and then reconnecting this affects both wired and wifi equipment  and I have found that sometimes the connection is a very slow unsecured BTwifi connection instead of the talktalk one any one know what's going on with it its driving the family nuts and is not worth the £15-50 per month  Help Please.

bbbuilder

OCE_Ady
Topics: 0
Kudos: 778
Solutions: 378

Re: Router keeps dropping connection

[ Edited ]

Hi ,

sorry you are having problems with wireless connections.

I've checked the line and connection stats and those are great.

I suspect this is a wireless issue so here is a help article on improving wireless performance for you to work through, it will help you find the best settings for your router.

If the article doesn't help you sort this, please let me know.

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Contributor
bbbuilder

Its not just wifi the wired connections drop as well eather the router is faulty or it is constantly being afected by 2 BTwifi open zones which it keeps connecting to in preference to the much stronger talktalk signal when this happens it affects all equipment on the network laptops/desktop/Ipods/smartTVs

OCE_Mark
Topics: 10
Kudos: 997
Solutions: 498

hi 

Other wireless netowrks wouldnt cause your router to drop connection. your device might be suffering wireless interfrence from other netowrks but this wont affect wired connections.

Can you confirm if you are able to test a different router so we can rule out equipment as a cause?

Cheers

Contributor
bbbuilder

Hi No we have not got another router bright spark took the old one with him our problem is the output from the router to devices seems to be very unstable 44Mbps then 170Mbps   150Mbps as I wright dont know whats up with it but would not have upgraded to youview package if I had known it would be so problematic when its in one of its 44Mbps moods smart TVs wont keep up even when hard wired I suspect I like many others I have a dodgy router but it seems talktalk are not interested I can leave part way through the contract and pay £320 or carry on paying for something that works intermitent untill contract expires 04/14 Not Very Good is it

OCE_Ady
Kudos: 778
Solutions: 378

Hi ,

sorry to hear you're having problems.

It would be well worth updating your router to the latest version of firmware.

It's easy to do this just click on the link to the Firmware Update Tool.

If you still have trouble after this please let me know.

Contributor
bbbuilder

Your link to the firmware update does not work it opens a page that says this is no longer available I am getting totaly fed up with this now and am going to get some one to look at my contract  the router is not fit for purpose we are not getting what we are paying for your link is out of date but I am sure the router will allready be up to date but unstable at the momment we are being robbed of £15-50 per month  we need a new router or a new ISP  roll on April 

OCE_Ady wrote:

Hi bbbuilder,

sorry to hear you're having problems.

It would be well worth updating your router to the latest version of firmware.

It's easy to do this just click on the link to the Firmware Update Tool.

If you still have trouble after this please let me know.

OCE_Michelle
Topics: 4
Kudos: 1,028
Solutions: 426

Hi bbbuilder,

Apologies for this,  Please can you update your forum profile to include your name and I can arrange to send you a replacement router for testing purposes. To do this go into "my settings" then "personal information" then add your details.

Please do not post any personal information on the forum.

Could you also confirm the router (make and model) that you're using at the moment?

Contributor
bbbuilder

Hi  profile updated with name .

Router in use at the momment is D-Link  DSL 2780

Thanks 

OCE_Mark
Topics: 10
Kudos: 997
Solutions: 498

Hi,

Ive requested a new router is dispatched for you. This should arrive in the next 3-5 days.

When it arrives please set the router up using the new cables and filters.

Regards

Mark
Online Community Department

New Contributor
leon

Hi, I have a problem with the signal breakages through my router huawei model 523A, breaks the signal several times a day, I have two laptops and the same thing is happening on both at the same time, each time you reboot the router back to normal.
I have an opportunity of Use for another network and router TP LINK and there is no problem whizzes by two weeks without a problem, much greater speed of pages load instantly without jamming.

Contributor
bbbuilder

Thanks Mark  I look forward to the new router and cable I will let you know how it proforms in a couple of weeks 

thanks. bbbuilder

Contributor
bbbuilder

Thanks leon  for you comments  I really want to get this sorted with talktalk as when its good you cant beat it but when things go wrong getting help is allmost imposible so changing ISP is a last resort so lets hope Marks new router and filter do the trick.

bbbuilder

OCE_Arne
Kudos: 717
Solutions: 487

Hi 

Keep us updated when you have tested the router.

Contributor
bbbuilder

Will do connected it this morning first impressions it seems a lot more stable
OCE_Debbie
Topics: 1
Kudos: 1,073
Solutions: 497

Hi bbbuilder

How have you found the connection since your last post?

Contributor
bbbuilder

Hi So far so good its a bit slower than the other router but is very stable no droppped conections the Ipods/smart TVs/Kindle and computers all seem to be working as they should so the grand kids are happy the speed test showes about 10 download  0.75 upload  the laptops show they are connected to the router at a very constant 130 Mbps the other router was often up to 170 and as low as 45 with the conection being lost many times a day so fingers crossed all looks good for now.

Mel

OCE_Michelle

Hi 

Your connection looks really stable at the moment :smileyhappy: Let us know if you would like to try a slightly faster profile :smileyhappy:

Contributor
bbbuilder

Hi I will have to be guided by you regarding the profile as don't really understand it all but would like to think we are going as fast as poss without losing stability we don't have any online gamers so some where in the middle will probably be best for our equipment but very pleased with the new router up to now .

Thanks every one for the help so far.

bbbuilder.

OCE_Michelle

Hi 

Your line is now showing in sync for 11 days. Would you like to try the 9db profile or are you happy to remain on your current profile? :smileyhappy: