Super Contributor
biggles001
Founder

Router log in

Please can someone help me to log into my HG533.For some reason or other my user name has become corrupt,and I've forgotten the password.Is this an indication of my 533 being hacked into?:smileysurprised:
Contributor
oldgrump
Founder

Re: Router log in

To log into the router you don't use your TalkTalk username and password. The login name is 'admin' and the default password is also 'admin'.
Super Contributor
biggles001
Founder

Of course,what a dummie!! Thanks for that :smileyindifferent:
Contributor
Kontiki
Founder

I've just received my HG533 router, after setting it up I tried to access thee router & couldn't get on. I rang up tech support & after him eventually understanding what I wanted & trying a couple of things I managed to get onto the router (it was admin - admin :smileysurprised: must have been finger trouble) I told him I wanted access to the router amongst other things to change the login password. He informed me I shouldn't change this :smileymad: in case I have problems in the future it couldn't be accessed :smileymad::smileymad: I have always altered the default setting, I know I have been able to access other routers using the default setting. He said my router was secure & can only be accessed by someone inside my house :smileymad::smileymad::smileymad:. Surely if I leave my user name & password to the default then why bother having any password.
Ed