New Contributor
ruth

Router upgrade

Today I received a message from TalkTalk saying that I had been selected to receive a new router, free of charge. I was delighted, as I am having problems with intermittent acess to the internet, so much so that in my case the term 'unlimited broadband' is a joke, as I spend more time trying to connect than I do actually on the internet.

Imagine how I felt when I followed the link, provided my details and was taken to a web page saying that no problems had been detected with my router, and that I was not, after all, being offered a free new one, but I could purchase one for £45.99. To add insult to injury, I have also been informed that the charges for my package, including 'unlimited broadband' are to increase from October.

I intend to get in touch with my local Fair Trading office, as I feel I have been scammed - anyone else experienced this?

ruth

JackieB

Re: Router upgrade

For OCE info:  Duplicate post, original thread here:  http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Unlimited-Broadband/Upgrade-offer/m-p/920430

J

OCE (Support Staff) Who Are They / Community Moderators Who Are They / TalkTalk Line Profiles / Optimise/Check your MTU Setting

"Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends - Peace Out xxxx
OCE_Debbie
Topics: 1
Kudos: 886
Solutions: 397

Hi ruth

Please can you complete this Contact form and enter your Community username in the Twitter username field. Could you please enter "Forum" prior to your username. Once you submit the form, you will receive a 12 digit reference number, please post this into this thread.

Thanks

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

New Contributor
ruth

Hi Debby
Couldn't connect last pm so sorry not to have replied sooner. I have received a new router this am, so I think my problems could be over. Quick work by TalkTalk!
OCE_Debbie
Topics: 1
Kudos: 886
Solutions: 397

Hi ruth

Thanks for keeping us updated :smileyhappy:

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution