N/A
klatklat01

Slow broadband seed

Over the last month my speed has dropped from just over 5mb. to 1.5mb I have done 4 speed tests over the last 24 hours, and they all show the same slow speed.
Thisis not the type of service I pay for, and when I phone CS, all I get told is to do another speed test, and phone us back!
Valued Contributor
JackieB

Re: Slow broadband seed

Hi klatklat01, and a very warm welcome to the forums,

I'm sure that the OCE's will be able to assist you, but it would help them greatly see your setup if you could kindly answer the sticky questions here as best you can: www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43877 a guide to getting the answers is here if you need it: www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42443

I have also moved your thread over to the Speed section rather than the stability section as you are stating that your issue is with your speeds.

Could you also kindly ensure your router is powered up to allow the OCE's to make any necessary profile changes. :smileyhappy:
J

OCE (Support Staff) Who Are They / Community Moderators Who Are They / TalkTalk Line Profiles / Optimise/Check your MTU Setting

"Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends - Peace Out xxxx
OCE_Michelle
Topics: 4
Kudos: 1,019
Solutions: 420

Re: Slow broadband seed

Hi klatklat01,

Please can you complete the broadband sticky questions as this will help us to investigate further.

Can you also run some further speed tests on the members site in a wired state and in safe mode with networking at different times of the day so we can see how the speeds compare.

To boot the computer in safe mode, turn the computer off, then turn the computer on. The computer should go through its startup process and display white writing on the screen as does it checks, as soon as this disappears keep pressing F8 until you get a boot options menu (this is before Windows boots). You can then select the option safe mode with networking and press enter. Once booted in safe mode, slect ok when the dialogue box appears. You can then complete the appropriate tests.

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution